Jc to poly?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Jc to poly?

Postby Redtomato » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:36 am

I'm a J1 student thinking of applying to poly. I am being posted to NYJC and was told that in order to pass my promos, i had to pass 2 h2 subj and my gp paper. Furthermore, i'm admitted into the aep programme whereby in J2, i will have to take H3 art. However my english language is really weak with a grade of only B3 in O's. Should i apply to poly instead of risking the fact that i may get retained or fail to get into university?

Redtomato
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Jc to poly?

Postby havok_ex » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Drop your H3 subjects if you are worried. The universities will only look at GP/PW 3H2 and 1H1. Everything else is merely extra. It doesn't help for local uni admissions at all. It only helps for overseas uni or scholarship applications. I suggest you concentrate on your primary subjects of GP, 3H2 and H1. Being in NYJC, it shouldn't be hard to get into local uni if you put in the effort.

havok_ex
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees