VJC DSA

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

VJC DSA

Postby HuangYing » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi Im kinda new here. I know there's still quite a lot of time before the dsa period officially opens but i still want to find out whether VJC accepts Academic DSA or not? Previously i found on the website they only offer sports and pa dsa but last year one of my friends told me he got into vjc via acad dsa.
If possible then what's the chance that i can get into the school? I constantly get a1 at every subjects except for english and i am exempted from mother tongue ( Im a foreigner ). Also if they consider acad dsa then will they still consider ccas and other aspects?
Thk for any suggestions :) :thankyou:

HuangYing
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:55 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: VJC DSA

Postby zbear » Thu May 01, 2014 8:20 pm

Can anyone from VJC share on DSA procedure n entry requirements?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4991
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:14 pm
Total Likes: 64


Re: VJC DSA

Postby schweppes » Thu May 01, 2014 8:37 pm

I'm interested to find out more about DSA to VJC or TJC too. Would appreciate any advice.

Just wondering, if a student is successful for DSA to whichever JC, will the acceptance letter be withdrawn if the GCE O level L1R5 score falls below mark. ie. the cut off is 3 points but student scores (eg) 9 points. With the JC withdraw the acceptance letter?

Thanks

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Total Likes: 66


Re: VJC DSA

Postby Integer » Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 pm

schweppes,
You have a child in upper sec now?

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: VJC DSA

Postby schweppes » Thu May 01, 2014 11:15 pm

Integer wrote:schweppes,
You have a child in upper sec now?


yes, my dd :politebleah:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Total Likes: 66



Re: VJC DSA

Postby Integer » Thu May 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Don't know anyone in sec 4 O level mainstream who dsa to VJC via academic route. Only know friend's DD who was fm another IP sch and DSAed to VJ last yr via academic route. She is in J1 this yr, her GPA (don't know exact num.) was consistently high throughout her 4 yrs in her previous sch.

In fact she applied to both TJ and VJ. VJ gave the ans earlier, think ard nov/dec. TJ's ans came after JAE, I think.

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: VJC DSA

Postby Integer » Fri May 02, 2014 7:56 am

schweppes wrote:
Integer wrote:schweppes,
You have a child in upper sec now?


yes, my dd :politebleah:

Come over when you're free or have a need to ...

Better still, infect us with some of your coolness & zen-ness ... :smile:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 29&t=72983

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: VJC DSA

Postby schweppes » Fri May 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Integer wrote:
schweppes wrote:
Integer wrote:schweppes,
You have a child in upper sec now?


yes, my dd :politebleah:

Come over when you're free or have a need to ...

Better still, infect us with some of your coolness & zen-ness ... :smile:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 29&t=72983


haha... u're too kind. :wink: Not sure about me being cool and zen. Far from it... esp the zen part :oops: :oops:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Total Likes: 66


Re: VJC DSA

Postby schweppes » Fri May 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Integer wrote:Don't know anyone in sec 4 O level mainstream who dsa to VJC via academic route. Only know friend's DD who was fm another IP sch and DSAed to VJ last yr via academic route. She is in J1 this yr, her GPA (don't know exact num.) was consistently high throughout her 4 yrs in her previous sch.

In fact she applied to both TJ and VJ. VJ gave the ans earlier, think ard nov/dec. TJ's ans came after JAE, I think.


Thanks for sharing. Will keep this in mind :wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Total Likes: 66


Re: VJC DSA

Postby zbear » Fri May 02, 2014 12:19 pm

schweppes, you can go into JC Parent Networking thread - I asked jtoh re DSA to JCs. Maybe you can also post questions there.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4991
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:14 pm
Total Likes: 64


Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees