Global Foundry V/S Micron

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Global Foundry V/S Micron

Postby DadOfGirl » Tue May 20, 2014 11:55 am

Dear all

Which company better for Job? I understand Global Foundry was previously Charter Semi-con ...

Micron was previously which company ?

Thanks in advance

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Global Foundry V/S Micron

Postby Fairy » Tue May 20, 2014 1:42 pm

DadOfGirl wrote:Dear all

Which company better for Job? I understand Global Foundry was previously Charter Semi-con ...

Thanks in advance

I understand Micron bought over Texas Instrument

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby DadOfGirl » Tue May 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Fairy wrote:

Thanks in advance

I understand Micron bought over Texas Instrument

Thank you... That's why they are at Bendameer Road... last time Texas instrument factory. That must have been long time ago.
Trying to advice my NTU graduate DD as to join where, as she has similar offer from both company.

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby CK0917 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:22 pm

I have just turn down an offer by GF, was told by my ex cols that this place is messy, a lot of office politic, but i am referring to buying / planning department, not too sure about other department. I was told that on and off they will have retrenchment.

Not too sure about Micron.

CK0917
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby DadOfGirl » Tue May 20, 2014 2:31 pm

CK0917 wrote:I have just turn down an offer by GF, was told by my ex cols that this place is messy, a lot of office politic, but i am referring to buying / planning department, not too sure about other department. I was told that on and off they will have retrenchment.

Not too sure about Micron.

Thanks for Sharing.

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Dreamgear » Tue May 20, 2014 7:06 pm

Thanks in advance

Think micron was previously owned by intel

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dr.Daniel » Tue May 20, 2014 10:00 pm

I worked at a joint venture between US company LSI Logic and Chartered Semiconductor (now Global Foundries). I was an engineering manager up in Woodlands Industrial Park D for 4 years.

It was a good experience for me overall. I found Singaporeans to be very friendly and welcoming towards me. It was my first time working and living in Singapore other than short trips I had done in the past.

You can learn a lot of good engineering skills in semiconductor manufacturing. I saw a lot of new hires come in and learn and grow a lot while they were there.

Dr.Daniel
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby DadOfGirl » Wed May 21, 2014 9:55 am

Dr.Daniel wrote:I worked at a joint venture between US company LSI Logic and Chartered Semiconductor (now Global Foundries). I was an engineering manager up in Woodlands Industrial Park D for 4 years.

It was a good experience for me overall. I found Singaporeans to be very friendly and welcoming towards me. It was my first time working and living in Singapore other than short trips I had done in the past.

You can learn a lot of good engineering skills in semiconductor manufacturing. I saw a lot of new hires come in and learn and grow a lot while they were there.

Thank you for positive comment about Global foundry.There is additional facility in Tampanies , i guess it would be 'Test & Assembly' division

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Dr.Daniel » Wed May 21, 2014 12:51 pm

DadOfGirl wrote:
Thank you for positive comment about Global foundry.There is additional facility in Tampanies , i guess it would be 'Test & Assembly' division

Yes I knew some people that worked there that had transferred to that location from Woodlands. All the folks I knew had positive experiences to report. If you want to talk with me about the semiconductor industry, I don't mind chatting for a few minutes. Just PM me on the forum here.

Dr.Daniel
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby DadOfGirl » Wed May 21, 2014 1:15 pm

Dr.Daniel wrote:
DadOfGirl wrote:

Yes I knew some people that worked there that had transferred to that location from Woodlands. All the folks I knew had positive experiences to report. If you want to talk with me about the semiconductor industry, I don't mind chatting for a few minutes. Just PM me on the forum here.

Correction ,Tampanies location is Wafer-Fab facility of 200 mm.
Thank you again Dr. Daniel

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees