How much to budget to read medicine in UK?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

How much to budget to read medicine in UK?

Postby Sometimes Kiasu » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:12 am

Hi.

How much should I budget if my DC wants to read medicine in UK?

Thank you.

Sometimes Kiasu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: How much to budget to read medicine in UK?

Postby jetsetter » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:10 pm

how old is your child this year?

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sometimes Kiasu » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:17 pm

He is Sec 1 now.

Sometimes Kiasu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jetsetter » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:34 pm

I hv PM u.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sometimes Kiasu » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:43 pm

Thank you for your PM.

Sometimes Kiasu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby pinky » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:47 pm

I was told that the fees increase by about 10% every year.

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hopscat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:55 pm

You have to look at the individual schools and cities. In terms of tuition fees (actual school fees) Imperial, Kings College, Oxford and Cambridge are some of the most expensive. Many schools also have different fees for preclinical and clinical years (the clinical years are usually more expensive). If I remember correctly, most are about £30, 000 per year but the most expensive schools are more like £40, 000 per year.

hopscat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sinoboy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:05 pm

hopscat wrote:You have to look at the individual schools and cities. In terms of tuition fees (actual school fees) Imperial, Kings College, Oxford and Cambridge are some of the most expensive. Many schools also have different fees for preclinical and clinical years (the clinical years are usually more expensive). If I remember correctly, most are about £30, 000 per year but the most expensive schools are more like £40, 000 per year.

If you add in the other costs like lodging and living expenses, roughly what do you think the annual budget would be? :scratchhead:

sinoboy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby micko07 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:25 pm

sinoboy wrote:If you add in the other costs like lodging and living expenses, roughly what do you think the annual budget would be? :scratchhead:

Try looking for the universities' cost calculators. For example, http://www.ox.ac.uk/students/fees-fundi ... ergraduate and http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduat ... l/finance/

Taking Oxford as an example, you'd be looking at somewhere between 32-36k GBP per year for 3 years of preclinical medicine, and then a further three years for clinical school in Oxford or London. At Cambridge, you're looking at 51.2k GBP per year (5 years Med school + 1 year intercalation).

micko07
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sinoboy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:46 pm

micko07 wrote:
sinoboy wrote:If you add in the other costs like lodging and living expenses, roughly what do you think the annual budget would be? :scratchhead:

Try looking for the universities' cost calculators. For example, http://www.ox.ac.uk/students/fees-fundi ... ergraduate and http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduat ... l/finance/

Taking Oxford as an example, you'd be looking at somewhere between 32-36k GBP per year for 3 years of preclinical medicine, and then a further three years for clinical school in Oxford or London. At Cambridge, you're looking at 51.2k GBP per year (5 years Med school + 1 year intercalation).

Thanks but ... Very expensive ... :scared:

sinoboy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees