Direct Polytechnic Admission Interview

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Direct Polytechnic Admission Interview

Postby cedriclim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Hey, I need some advice for my DPA Interview.
1. What are the typical questions asked during the DPA Interview
2. What must I prepare for the DPA Interview

cedriclim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Direct Polytechnic Admission Interview

Postby floppy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:44 pm

cedriclim wrote:Hey, I need some advice for my DPA Interview.

Why did you choose this course?
What makes you special/different that the course manager has to accept you for the course (over someone else)?
What can you contribute in this course?
If you are rejected for the course, what other courses would you be considering?
(Assuming) Your XX subject score isn't ideal, are you sure you can cope with the course?

Those are the questions that I used to ask. I have no idea what course you have applied for, thus, I have no idea what else you need to prepare.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:13 pm

floppy wrote:

What makes you special/different that the course manager has to accept you for the course (over someone else)?
If you are rejected for the course, what other courses would you be considering?
(Assuming) Your XX subject score isn't ideal, are you sure you can cope with the course?

Those are the questions that I used to ask. I have no idea what course you have applied for, thus, I have no idea what else you need to prepare.

Do you know how long is the interview ? My friend's dd went for one and was only 10 mins interview. The lecturers just glanced through her report book and. Certificates of achievement or testimonies :?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:14 pm

floppy wrote:

Do you know how long is the interview ? My friend's dd went and was only 10 mins interview. The lecturers just glanced through her report book and. Certificates of achievement or testimonies :?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby floppy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:57 pm

kitty2 wrote:
Do you know how long is the interview ? My friend's dd went and was only 10 mins interview. The lecturers just glanced through her report book and. Certificates of achievement or testimonies :?

Typically 15mins but a lot depends on the course that she has chosen and the people involved. Some courses (eg. design based courses) required a lot more time during the interview. Also, some interviewers and some interviewees are just plain dull. They will find it difficult to hold a conversation

If your friend's dd has all the right qualifications and results, there isn't a need to have a long conversation. One glance at the report book, certificates and testimonies, I am quite sure the lecturer can tell whether the candidate is suitable or not. After all, they have to deal with 100s of students a year! Besides, this isn't a job interview or choosing a spouse, the lecturers can afford to make 1 or 2 mistakes :evil: :wink:

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 am

floppy wrote:
kitty2 wrote:

Typically 15mins but a lot depends on the course that she has chosen and the people involved. Some courses (eg. design based courses) required a lot more time during the interview. Also, some interviewers and some interviewees are just plain dull. They will find it difficult to hold a conversation

If your friend's dd has all the right qualifications and results, there isn't a need to have a long conversation. One glance at the report book, certificates and testimonies, I am quite sure the lecturer can tell whether the candidate is suitable or not. After all, they have to deal with 100s of students a year! Besides, this isn't a job interview or choosing a spouse, the lecturers can afford to make 1 or 2 mistakes :evil: :wink:

:thankyou:

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:08 am

floppy wrote:
kitty2 wrote:

:thankyou:

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees