Networking Group - Temasek JC (IP)

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Networking Group - Temasek JC (IP)

Postby knowledge321 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:11 pm

As above. May i know is the entrance test tough ? Any preparation required ?

Any Weightage given to Sec 1 and 2 examination results ?

How is the IP programme like ? Mostly during research and projects ?

knowledge321
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Any parent whose kids in Temasek JC Year 3 IP Programme

Postby 2ppaamm » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:03 pm

knowledge321 wrote:As above. May i know is the entrance test tough ? Any preparation required ?

Any Weightage given to Sec 1 and 2 examination results ?

How is the IP programme like ? Mostly during research and projects ?

Wah, really early to ask hor? Anyway, I just spoke with a teacher in TJC. He told me that they will need the Sec 2 mid term exams, and your PSLE score. Their cut off point (also got cut off :shock: ) is about 240+.

Good CCA. You will also need to sit for that aptitude test again. Sound really like the DSA at P6...

Applying? Open house soon. Check out their website.

Hope this helps.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:11 pm

my DD's classmate got into TJC Sec 3 this year ..... and based on feedback, should not be too difficult to get in if the Sec2 results are okay
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby knowledge321 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:19 pm

thank you all for the information. I will be going to TJC open house this saturday and find out more.

knowledge321
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mathsparks » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:49 pm

2ppaamm wrote:Wah, really early to ask hor? Anyway, I just spoke with a teacher in TJC. He told me that they will need the Sec 2 mid term exams, and your PSLE score. Their cut off point (also got cut off :shock: ) is about 240+.

Good CCA. You will also need to sit for that aptitude test again. Sound really like the DSA at P6...

Applying? Open house soon. Check out their website.

Hope this helps.

2ppaamm, you really know a lot of people, eh? Next time, if I need your help can send you a pm? :please:

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:55 pm

mathsparks wrote:2ppaamm, you really know a lot of people, eh? Next time, if I need your help can send you a pm? :please:

No lah, just this really good looking coach and he walked over to talk to me while my girls were training. I was finding a topic mah... so remember this is an interesting topic! Kapo a bit sometimes can gain a lot of knowledge... :D

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:00 pm

knowledge321 wrote:thank you all for the information. I will be going to TJC open house this saturday and find out more.

Hi! How did it go?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby knowledge321 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 pm

My daughter and I were impressed with the temasek jc open house on 9 jan 2010. The teachers and students were extremely helpful and provided
lots of information on their 4 year IP Programme. My dd has decided to go for it and hopefully she will be admitted to this program.

knowledge321
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:59 pm

knowledge321 wrote:My daughter and I were impressed with the temasek jc open house on 9 jan 2010. The teachers and students were extremely helpful and provided
lots of information on their 4 year IP Programme. My dd has decided to go for it and hopefully she will be admitted to this program.

Great to know! Go for it and all the best!

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hellogoodmorning » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Think it shouldn't be too difficult to get into TJC's IP. Some of my friends actually went to join TJC after Sec2 and even though I don't have statistics at hand, judging from the people who actually went to TJC, TJC's admissions standards don't seem to be very high. I'm saying this because the students who made it to TJC were rather "average". School facilities at TJC don't seem very new either, though there are actually some newer classrooms.

I guess prospective students should go down to the school to take a look at the environment to see if they like it before applying. VJC is also a good IP school so it's worth considering. In fact, for O level entrants to the schools, VJC actually has tougher admission standards.

Do correct me if I'm wrong :)

hellogoodmorning
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees