'A' Level Chinese @ RIJC

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

'A' Level Chinese @ RIJC

Postby ezmum » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi,

My girl is currently schooling at RGS. She is keen to take up 'A' level Chinese but we understand that this is not available at RIJC.

Any one can advise? Thanks.

ezmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: 'A' Level Chinese @ RIJC

Postby NatTif Mummy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:07 pm

ezmum wrote:Hi,

My girl is currently schooling at RGS. She is keen to take up 'A' level Chinese but we understand that this is not available at RIJC.

My dd is also in RGS sec 1 doing HCL, she has a keen interest in the laguage and wishes to continue in RIJC. But same as ezmum's gal, seems unable to do so, starting to feel that should have let her go to NYGH instead. Can anyone gives us some info?

NatTif Mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: 'A' Level Chinese @ RIJC

Postby Dharma » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:44 am

NatTif Mummy wrote:
ezmum wrote:Hi,

My dd is also in RGS sec 1 doing HCL, she has a keen interest in the laguage and wishes to continue in RIJC. But same as ezmum's gal, seems unable to do so, starting to feel that should have let her go to NYGH instead. Can anyone gives us some info?

Hi NatTifMummy & ezmum,

Maybe ... try check this out

http://www.rjc.edu.sg/subjects/chinese/index.htm

Dharma
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby mjl » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:29 am

Hi NatTifMummy, ezmum

I remember a talk was conducted by MT dept at the beginning of the year for Year 3 students and parents, to inform them of the plan for MT/HMT in RGS, as well as in RI-JC. The Chinese language curriculum in RI-JC is rather comprehensive too, it should be comparable to those offered by HCI or DHS. Don't forget, there are many Chinese scholars in RP!

Chinese modules in RI-JC include:
H1 Chinese (more for students who do not take HMT in RGS, or those who did HMT but didn't score A1 and aim to achieve a perfect score for 'A' levels)
H1 General Paper
H2 Chinese & Literature
H3 Chinese & Literature

There are also some bicultural programme and Chinese studies similar to those offered in SAP schools, but the difference is, RI-JC does not get funds from MOE in running these programmes.

Hope the information helps.

mjl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ezmum » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Thanks to all. Will check this out.

ezmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees