Reminder to JC1 students to extend your concession card

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Reminder to JC1 students to extend your concession card

Postby sparks » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:54 pm

The deadline is 15th feb.

Just found out the dd's card (which was giro linked) was not automatically extended till May as previously informed by SMRT staff (who had advised her after scanning her card). If dd has not misplaced her card, I'd have end up paying adult fare for her without even knowing after 15th. hiaz...

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Reminder to JC1 students to extend your concession card

Postby kitty2 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:28 pm

sparks wrote:The deadline is 15th feb.

Just found out the dd's card (which was giro linked) was not automatically extended till May as previously informed by SMRT staff (who had advised her after scanning her card). If dd has not misplaced her card, I'd have end up paying adult fare for her without even knowing after 15th. hiaz...


Does this apply to students who are waiting to go poly? My friend's dd is paying adult fare now as she is waiting to go poly.
How to extend the card?
Thanks

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1741
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:01 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Reminder to JC1 students to extend your concession card

Postby kitty2 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:30 pm

sparks wrote:The deadline is 15th feb.

Just found out the dd's card (which was giro linked) was not automatically extended till May as previously informed by SMRT staff (who had advised her after scanning her card). If dd has not misplaced her card, I'd have end up paying adult fare for her without even knowing after 15th. hiaz...


Does this apply to students who are waiting to go poly? My friend's dd is paying adult fare now as she is waiting to go poly.
How to extend the card?
Thanks

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1741
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:01 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Reminder to JC1 students to extend your concession card

Postby zeemimi » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:19 pm

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=150

mentioned it earlier. So things are still the same as before.

Just go to any general ticketing machine to extend.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:31 pm
Total Likes: 44


Re: Reminder to JC1 students to extend your concession card

Postby kitty2 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:00 pm

zeemimi wrote:http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=150

mentioned it earlier. So things are still the same as before.

Just go to any general ticketing machine to extend.


Heard the mrt staffs said only Jc students can extend! :roll:

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1741
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:01 pm
Total Likes: 2



Re: Reminder to JC1 students to extend your concession card

Postby sparks » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:24 am

kitty2 wrote:Heard the mrt staffs said only Jc students can extend! :roll:


Is it because the poly students are currently not enjoying concessionary fares?

Anyway, after this incident, better to call transit link or check at the office to clarify on any queries, rather than asking the SMRT station's staff. The customer officer at Transitlink told me herself that the station's staff sometimes are not trained or informed properly on such matters. :roll:

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Reminder to JC1 students to extend your concession card

Postby kitty2 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:29 am

sparks wrote:
kitty2 wrote:Heard the mrt staffs said only Jc students can extend! :roll:


Is it because the poly students are currently not enjoying concessionary fares?

Anyway, after this incident, better to call transit link or check at the office to clarify on any queries, rather than asking the SMRT station's staff. The customer officer at Transitlink told me herself that the station's staff sometimes are not trained or informed properly on such matters. :roll:


yes they have to pay adult fare now while waiting to go poly :stupid:

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1741
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:01 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Reminder to JC1 students to extend your concession card

Postby zbear » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:27 pm

I am reviving this thread.

Do Uni students enjoy concession rates?

Can JC2 students extend their ezlink cards till next year?

Thanks

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4988
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:14 pm
Total Likes: 64



Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees