Public transport to VJC?

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Public transport to VJC?

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:58 pm

My daughter needs to get to VJC on Sat morning. I'm trying to find the best way to get there from a nearby MRT station. Which station should she use - Eunos or Kembangan? And which bus(es) should she take? How long would it take? We don't know that part of Singapore at all! Thanks!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Public transport to VJC?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:31 pm

slmkhoo wrote:My daughter needs to get to VJC on Sat morning. I'm trying to find the best way to get there from a nearby MRT station. Which station should she use - Eunos or Kembangan? And which bus(es) should she take? How long would it take? We don't know that part of Singapore at all! Thanks!

Kembangan is slightly nearer. Check out this link.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ngl2010 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:09 pm

slmkhoo wrote:My daughter needs to get to VJC on Sat morning. I'm trying to find the best way to get there from a nearby MRT station. Which station should she use - Eunos or Kembangan? And which bus(es) should she take? How long would it take? We don't know that part of Singapore at all! Thanks!

Slmkhoo, gothere.sg is a useful website to find bus/mrt from point to point in Singapore. It even shows the bus stop number.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:03 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:

Kembangan is slightly nearer. Check out this link.

Saw this, but it doesn't help much. I am trying to find out the MRT station with more, and more frequent, links to VJC without tracing each bus route one by one! My cousin, who I remembered worked at VJC until recently, told me that it's easier to take buses than MRT/bus from my place. Anyway, thanks!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:08 am

ngl2010 wrote:

Slmkhoo, gothere.sg is a useful website to find bus/mrt from point to point in Singapore. It even shows the bus stop number.

Thanks! But it only shows 1 possible route? I find that the Transitlink website is also not that helpful. So far, I've found that the travel websites here are really not very good. The one I used where I lived in China was much friendlier and gave many more possible options, not just one.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:34 am

Stop at Eunos and take bus 13 (sims ave), or 55 or 966 (jalan eunos). Or take a cab from the mrt. Should be quite fast and not too expensive (about $7).

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:05 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:Stop at Eunos and take bus 13 (sims ave), or 55 or 966 (jalan eunos). Or take a cab from the mrt. Should be quite fast and not too expensive (about $7).

Thanks! Not 966, I think. So that's just 1 bus from either bus stop. They can take a taxi if they are running late, but I generally discourage taxi use for my kids. Don't want them to get into that habit!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby takchek » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:52 am

Another option is Bedok MRT. Take any of the buses 16, 196, 197 from the bus interchange. 31 as well, but you don't board it from the interchange, but rather along Changi Road.

takchek
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:30 am

takchek wrote:Another option is Bedok MRT. Take any of the buses 16, 196, 197 from the bus interchange. 31 as well, but you don't board it from the interchange, but rather along Changi Road.

Thanks, but we live in the west! A bit too much of a detour, I feel.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lynntan15 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Think there is a direct bus 48 at Holland Ave (Interchange).

Can also take MRT to Little India and change to Bus 48.

Alternative, can take MRT to Bugis MRT and change to Bus 48.

lynntan15
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees