E8 FOR ENGLISH CAN'T APPEAL HELP

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

E8 FOR ENGLISH CAN'T APPEAL HELP

Postby RikuYagami » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:14 pm

<EDIT 29/1/2016> Unable to appeal as they said I do not meet the requirement of any courses. I heard that some students from the past few years with an E8 English grade are able to appeal. Need help if it is really possible cause I really want to go to a poly course

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am quite confused right now so I really need some tips.
I do not wish to go to ITE but because of my english grade I can only apply to ITE courses. But I heard from my friends that I can apply to other courses in poly because my other subject grades are fairly okay. Wanted to try for JPSAE but not confident in it cause I have no idea how to showcase my strong passion towards the game design course through the games that I have created. Will appreciate any tips given and thank you in advance

English:E8
Combined Humanities:B4
Mathematics:C5
Science (Phy/chem): C5
Design and technology: B3
Chinese: B3

ELB4-A = 23
ELR1B3-B = 23
ELR2B2-C= 23
Last edited by RikuYagami on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RikuYagami
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: E8 FOR ENGLISH

Postby esme38 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:21 pm

Hi RikuYagami,

I looked at the JAE2016. Suggest you call upon the polytechnics tomorrow. Ask them on your English whether can appeal and stand a chance for admission. There are some courses being offered that has a higher cut off point. You will have to like these courses and maybe it leads to your career unless you progress and continue your education to polytechnic...which mean you will take a longer path to reach diploma level and higher. You will need to sieve out these courses and talk to respective polytechnics. Hope this turn out well.

esme38
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby RikuYagami » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:26 pm

Thanks for ur suggestion. Will do that tommorow

RikuYagami
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby floppy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:55 am

RikuYagami wrote:I am quite confuse right now so I really need some tips.
I do not wish to go to ITE but because of my english grade I can only apply to ITE courses. But I heard from my friends that I can apply to other courses in poly because my other subject grades are fairly okay.

Please drop by the Poly to have a word with the course manager / lecturer. They should be able to advise what are your chances. Given that your ELR2B2 is fairly ok for Engineering and IT courses, especially in NYP and RP (frankly, there's little to no chance in SP, NP and TP), they may be able to accept you.

If in the event that you are unable to appeal, or your appeal is not successful, don't be afraid to apply to the ITE while re-sitting for your EL exams at O level again. It is typically easier to study within a school environment (such as ITE) plus you will also get some support from the teachers in ITE. In the re-sit, aim for a 7 or better. Combined with your current year exam results, it should not be an issue to qualify for a poly course.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby RikuYagami » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:22 am

Thanks for the tips and I have 1 question. Do I need to spend 2 or 1 year(s) if I went to ITE higher nitec and go poly afterwards?

RikuYagami
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kitty2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:12 am

RikuYagami wrote:Thanks for the tips and I have 1 question. Do I need to spend 2 or 1 year(s) if I went to ITE higher nitec and go poly afterwards?

My neighbour who has the same results as you is in 2 years ITE higher nitec

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:13 am

RikuYagami wrote:Thanks for the tips and I have 1 question. Do I need to spend 2 or 1 year(s) if I went to ITE higher nitec and go poly afterwards?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:14 am

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby floppy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:08 pm

kitty2 wrote:

As kitty2 mentioned, Higher Nitec is a 2 year programme. You can choose to go to Poly after 2 years (subject to you meeting the cut-off requirements).

However, in your case, your overall result isn't too bad, only let down by English. Hence, it may be more worthwhile to re-sit for your English paper (while studying in the Higher Nitec course) and then apply directly to the Poly. Choose a Higher Nitec programme that's close to the course you want to do in Poly - you will find life in Poly year 1 much easier subsequently.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby RikuYagami » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:22 pm

Alright thanks people

RikuYagami
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees