2016 JCs COP and posting results

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.
MyMelborne
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:5

Re: 2016 JCs COP and posting results

Post by MyMelborne » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:21 pm

fearah wrote:
zbear wrote:
ParkYuni, DS told me that student welfare is No 1 priority in NYJC and many of DS friends have chosen this JC.

:smile:
Yeap this is very true :)
I know he's a dedicated P to his students now. But did he say what he said about the value-addedness? That nyjc is ranked no. 1 among all jcs?

MyMelborne
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MyMelborne » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:26 pm

floppy wrote:
MyMelborne wrote:So nyjc is ranked no. 1 in value-addedness among the jcs that do not have ip program.
So it is not ranked no. 1 among all the jcs in singapore as posted by a student or parent in this forum earlier. :roll:
My question is : Did or did not the principal clarify that jcs with ip are excluded in the ranking when he disseminated this information to the public during the talk?
Seriously, is that important anymore? This value added thing.

In the past, NYJC may have taken in band 2 students while producing band 1 results.
Today, they are already taking in band 1 students. Ceteris paribus, I would expect them to still be producing band 1 results as before.

Any of the JCs with COP < 10 are stellar.
It's not about the value-added thingy.
It's about whether the P is trying to mislead when he mentioned the no. 1 ranking without filtering out the jcs with ip.

ParkYuni
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:17

Post by ParkYuni » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:42 pm

MyMelborne wrote:
floppy wrote:
Seriously, is that important anymore? This value added thing.

In the past, NYJC may have taken in band 2 students while producing band 1 results.
Today, they are already taking in band 1 students. Ceteris paribus, I would expect them to still be producing band 1 results as before.

Any of the JCs with COP < 10 are stellar.
It's not about the value-added thingy.
It's about whether the P is trying to mislead when he mentioned the no. 1 ranking without filtering out the jcs with ip.
Forget it, MyMelborne. We would never get anything out from here. You can see the dishonesty and inconsistency of information posted by nyjc parents and even an ex-student. This is not important anymore. I know what DD wants now.
Pls check your pm. Thx. :smile:

secschbioteacher
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by secschbioteacher » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:58 am

I don't understand why a JC COP discussion can slant so much into a 'Bash NYJC COP and its P' discussion.

To Park, I honestly think it's fine to have personal opinions. But to bash the JC and its P to this extend is a bit uncalled for.

And by the way, do let your child to chose another JC. With your current opinion of NYJC (further fueled by skewed discussion by keyboard warriors here), I don't think you will be pleased that your child is there anyway.

Peace.

KTKS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by KTKS » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:50 am

secschbioteacher wrote:I don't understand why a JC COP discussion can slant so much into a 'Bash NYJC COP and its P' discussion.

To Park, I honestly think it's fine to have personal opinions. But to bash the JC and its P to this extend is a bit uncalled for.

And by the way, do let your child to chose another JC. With your current opinion of NYJC (further fueled by skewed discussion by keyboard warriors here), I don't think you will be pleased that your child is there anyway.

Peace.
Ms secschbioteacher, when you first discovered the value-added charts and tried to defend nyjc P, I know you are for nyjc. You don't have a choice but to agree with 25HMOM when she explained the 'discrepancies' found. A few of us are curious to know why the P claimed nyjc is ranked no.1 in value-added which was misleading and viewed that statement as a publicity for his jc. The forummer who started it did not deny the P's statement and thus dragging the discussion of nyjc P's credibility to date.

Such is the persistence and spirit of forummers. Get to the bottom of things that are dubious. I do not see the posts as bashing the JC or P as what you said about Parkyuni. On the contrary, 'supporters' of nyjc are either avoiding or are not able to explain further when queried upon. One ex-nyjcian had just gotten the results last year, claimed to be a perfect scorer except for GP and yet not certain about the cohort's avg pts for U admission? Unbelievable.

I read with interest and waiting for further explanations that are lacking from nyjc 'supporters'. There isn't any other discussion worth diverting our attention anyway.

Parents seek info and advice from this forum and this is no place for unsupported claims.

ParkYuni
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:17

Post by ParkYuni » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:05 am

KTKS wrote:
secschbioteacher wrote:I don't understand why a JC COP discussion can slant so much into a 'Bash NYJC COP and its P' discussion.

Peace.
Ms secschbioteacher, when you first discovered the value-added charts and tried to defend nyjc P, I know you are for nyjc. You don't have a choice but to agree with 25HMOM when she explained the 'discrepancies' found. A few of us are curious to know why the P claimed nyjc is ranked no.1 in value-added which was misleading and viewed that statement as a publicity for his jc. The forummer who started it did not deny the P's statement and thus dragging the discussion of nyjc P's credibility to date.

Such is the persistence and spirit of forummers. Get to the bottom of things that are dubious. I do not see the posts as bashing the JC or P as what you said about Parkyuni. On the contrary, 'supporters' of nyjc are either avoiding or are not able to explain further when queried upon. One ex-nyjcian had just gotten the results last year, claimed to be a perfect scorer except for GP and yet not certain about the cohort's avg pts for U admission? Unbelievable.

I read with interest and waiting for further explanations that are lacking from nyjc 'supporters'. There isn't any other discussion worth diverting our attention anyway.

Parents seek info and advice from this forum and this is no place for unsupported claims.
Thanks KTKS for speaking up for us.
secschbioteacher, you see me as bashing nyjc while I see you as desperately defending it.
Are you a teacher of nyjc?
Hope not as we already have doubts about the P, the parents, the student and now the teacher (??!!) of nyjc? :sweat:

:xedfingers: , yes.
Let's enjoy our CNY celebrations! :rahrah:

blurblob11
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:10

Post by blurblob11 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:32 am

Peace.
It's obvious that you are trying to bash tjc and uplift nyjc as can be deduced from this link:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=190

You intentionally used the words 'fall from grace', 'lousy' on tjc. :evil:
Now trying to cover up unanswered queries about nyjc.

MyMelborne
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MyMelborne » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:46 am

Wish all the JC1 students an auspicious start for their A levels journey and work hard!

WeiHan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:22

Post by WeiHan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Somebody posted that NYJC's 2014 mean UAS was 81.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 6&start=90

82 is abit too high to believe.

Ikid
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:21

Post by Ikid » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:23 am