Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Networking Group - Eunoia JC

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Re: Networking Group - Eunoia JC

Postby EthanEthan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:01 am

EJC video inviting wannabe pirates to join the college...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdm2y8InN2b ... y=eunoiajc

EthanEthan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby EthanEthan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:40 am

From EJC facebook:

WE’RE EUNOIA, YOU KNOW? Not the longest name, or the biggest one. Just a beautiful, enduring JC built by bright bold students and teachers with full hearts and fiery minds. Forces combined, Eunoia means purpose, heart, courage, sincerity, generosity, grace, strength, heart, leadership, scholarliness and service. But we’re still missing that final piece to make us stronger than any other - YOU. This much we know.

Come . Join Eunoia. You Complete Us. See you at 13 Jan 2018, 9am - 4pm.
The video is a collaboration between EJC Media and EJC Student Council; they pulled this off amidst a fantastic, hectic Orientation for our JIP students!

https://www.facebook.com/eunoiajc/video ... 762058028/

EthanEthan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby student2001 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 pm

hi parents my o level result is 11 raw and 8, do you think i have a chance of getting into ejc? and how is ejc’s reputation (school culture etc) because i’ve heard one of my school mates saying ejc’s school culture sucks

student2001
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby student2001 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 pm

hi parents my o level result is 11 raw and 8, do you think i have a chance of getting into ejc? and how is ejc’s reputation (school culture etc) because i’ve heard one of my school mates saying ejc’s school culture sucks

student2001
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby EthanEthan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:04 pm

student2001 wrote:hi parents my o level result is 11 raw and 8, do you think i have a chance of getting into ejc?

Last year COP was 9. However, I heard from my DD that despite the rain, the crowd at the EJC open house yesterday was so much more than last year's openhouse. I would say just apply and see what happens

student2001 wrote:and how is ejc’s reputation (school culture etc) because i’ve heard one of my school mates saying ejc’s school culture sucks

I am not too sure what your friend meant when he says the school culture "sucks"?

From what I know from my DD, the school culture is primarily the amalgation of the different school cultures of CHS, SNGS and SCGS. She says that everybody is very motivated and studies very hard as they want to set a very high benchmark for EJC, being the pioneer batch. ( if this is what he means by "sucks"=study very hard ) .But when it comes to times of fun and play, they will also enjoy themselves to the fullest. My DD is good at Maths so she coaches her classmates who is weak in this area whereas her claasmates will coach her in Econs, a subject she is bad in so I would say the camadarie and teamwork, at least in my DD's class is great.

The teachers are caring and very dedicated. They monitors the progress of each student very closely and gives them extra coaching when needed. For my DD's class, the civic tutors celebrates each student's birthday by paying for a birthday cake out of their pocket :smile: . They even gave strips of Vit C for each of the student last year when they were preparing for their final exams.

EthanEthan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby GinMocca » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:48 pm

EthanEthan wrote:Last year COP was 9. However, I heard from my DD that despite the rain, the crowd at the EJC open house yesterday was so much more than last year's openhouse. I would say just apply and see what happens

Yes, I was at EJC openhouse yesterday morning. It was very crowded and the school environment really feel very vibrant !

I managed to attend some of the taser lessons and I must say the way they conduct these lessons are really innovative. Overall, it left a very good impression on me. I am sure it will gain even more popularity this year

GinMocca
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby thsheng99 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:55 am

EthanEthan wrote:
student2001 wrote:hi parents my o level result is 11 raw and 8, do you think i have a chance of getting into ejc?

Last year COP was 9. However, I heard from my DD that despite the rain, the crowd at the EJC open house yesterday was so much more than last year's openhouse. I would say just apply and see what happens

student2001 wrote:and how is ejc’s reputation (school culture etc) because i’ve heard one of my school mates saying ejc’s school culture sucks

I am not too sure what your friend meant when he says the school culture "sucks"?

From what I know from my DD, the school culture is primarily the amalgation of the different school cultures of CHS, SNGS and SCGS. She says that everybody is very motivated and studies very hard as they want to set a very high benchmark for EJC, being the pioneer batch. ( if this is what he means by "sucks"=study very hard ) .But when it comes to times of fun and play, they will also enjoy themselves to the fullest. My DD is good at Maths so she coaches her classmates who is weak in this area whereas her claasmates will coach her in Econs, a subject she is bad in so I would say the camadarie and teamwork, at least in my DD's class is great.

The teachers are caring and very dedicated. They monitors the progress of each student very closely and gives them extra coaching when needed. For my DD's class, the civic tutors celebrates each student's birthday by paying for a birthday cake out of their pocket :smile: . They even gave strips of Vit C for each of the student last year when they were preparing for their final exams.

Yes. That's is what I heard from my friend whose child is in EJ. Great teachers and motivating school environment with students all wanting to excel. It's no wonder that it has won so may awards and prizes in its first year ( without any JC2 !)

thsheng99
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sugar donuts » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:02 pm

so im considering ejc too, but i heard the ip students can be a little arrogant at times and look down on jae ppl (like me), making many of my schoolmates think that eunoia has a bad culture. im a little wary about eunoia but my seniors say that as long as i mix with the good people, eunoia would be fine for me. but what im scared of is that ip students will have much more advantage over the jae kids because i heard that jae students have to take those leftover ccas because ip students already took their pick since they start school a month earlier than us and i really dont know what to feel about this. but anyways, i have mixed feelings about the school and would appreciate if anyone could advice me about ejc.

sugar donuts
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby zeemimi » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:24 pm

sugar donuts wrote:so im considering ejc too, but i heard the ip students can be a little arrogant at times and look down on jae ppl (like me), making many of my schoolmates think that eunoia has a bad culture. im a little wary about eunoia but my seniors say that as long as i mix with the good people, eunoia would be fine for me. but what im scared of is that ip students will have much more advantage over the jae kids because i heard that jae students have to take those leftover ccas because ip students already took their pick since they start school a month earlier than us and i really dont know what to feel about this. but anyways, i have mixed feelings about the school and would appreciate if anyone could advice me about ejc.

unfortunately, this is a phenomenon that happens in most IP jc.

zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Paced Learning Academy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:32 pm

And resources such as exchange programmes, overseas study programme, normally go to ip students first.

Paced Learning Academy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres