Questions from a graduating Sec 4 Student

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Questions from a graduating Sec 4 Student

Postby Hamsomy3 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi, I'm a Sec 4 taking Os this year. I have some questions about my future education path. I'm not very sure if this is the correct forum though, sorry if it is wrong, I'm new.

Abit about myself (that would affect choice of my JC):
-I live in Woodlands
-Have physical disability (Wheelchair, so school need to be able to accommodate Wheelchair)
-Would like to further my debating career (Debate CCA)

Which JC would be best for me? Please no extreme Low-tier JC please, although they are close to where I live, I don't want. No need for extreme high either. I'm a mediocre student. Oh, and please no religious school.

Actually... It is very troublesome for me, even when schools claim to be wheelchair accessible, they may not be. It is not just lifts and ramps and handicap toilet. Often is the small details that make things inconvenient. So it is best I go and check things out but I didn't know Open Houses are beginning of the year. It would be too late to attend open house next year (1. I may want to DSA 2. If not, it would also be rush to make decision during JAE) Are there some other opportunities to visit JCs?

Another question, what is the use of School Graduation Certificate aka testimonial? Because I was suppose to submit details for my teacher to write it but I missed the dateline, I don't know if I still want to submit.

Re: Questions from a graduating Sec 4 Student

Postby bright-culture » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:21 am

Hey buddy hows it going!

Firstly, I would say focus on your O Levels before thinking about your JC! Before you know it, it's going to be here! After your O Level exams, you would have all the time in the world to think about which JC you want. :)

I think it is possible to give the JC a call and arrange to visit the facilities. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to let you visit them.

The testimonial would be useful for applying for scholorships and for your university application. Please do submit it to your teacher!

Cheers and all the best for your O levels!

FREE E-Books! (Just leave your email and I'll send it to you)

7 Biggest Mistakes Students Make in Chemistry!

"7 Secrets to ACE Exams!"

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees