Applying for Financial Aid overseas Uni

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Applying for Financial Aid overseas Uni

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:14 pm

Can you please help share info/tips for applying for Financial Aid to US Unis?

Specific question I have is, For a particular Uni they have a form where they ask how much can the student pay for a each year. This they want to be signed by a bank. DBS says they will not sign in external forms. However for a fee, I can get a Financial standing statement from the bank that shows the account balances and will also address the University with the student's name,Id and relationship, which we should attach to the form.
Has anyone done this before? Is this accepted ? Should I check out any other bank in which i have sufficient account balance or will it be the same for all?

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Applying for Financial Aid overseas Uni

Postby cedric » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Hello, have you checked with the other banks about taking a personal or student loan? Personally I have not heard about signing an undertaking form as proof for the university.

cedric
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:55 pm

This is not for loan. This is for the Financial aid application. Part of it to show we have enough savings to pay a sum per year atleast

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imp75 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Why need to pay fees? Can't you just attach the latest bank statement with sufficient balance and perhaps attach your DC birth cert, indicating your parental relationship?

I know a local university accepts this arrangement, US universities I am not sure. Could you check directly with the US administrator?

Imp75
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Imp75 wrote:Why need to pay fees? Can't you just attach the latest bank statement with sufficient balance and perhaps attach your DC birth cert, indicating your parental relationship?

I know a local university accepts this arrangement, US universities I am not sure. Could you check directly with the US administrator?

Only one Uni has this form that we need to fill that asks for the bank signature as a part of it.
I will be calling them in a while when they open (yesterday was MLK day, ).

I was hoping someone who has applied can share.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mjl » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Sun_2010 wrote:
Imp75 wrote:Why need to pay fees? Can't you just attach the latest bank statement with sufficient balance and perhaps attach your DC birth cert, indicating your parental relationship?

Only one Uni has this form that we need to fill that asks for the bank signature as a part of it.
I will be calling them in a while when they open (yesterday was MLK day, ).

I was hoping someone who has applied can share.

Besides what Imp75 has mentioned, you may need a letter from the sponsor. Also read the typical requirements:
https://oie.gatech.edu/isss/financial-d ... quirements

mjl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Sun_2010 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:17 am

Thanks mjl.
I looked up the site and also spoke with the College.

Long time, how have you been ?

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees