BUSINESS MANAGEMENT

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

BUSINESS MANAGEMENT

Postby insanePaPa » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:49 am

Hi All,

My DD has been admitted to Business Management in NYP which was her 2nd choice although she wanted TP (1st choice) which is closer to our home. I've tried appealing thru the online link but there isn't any option for it although there are others which she is not interested in. Why is this so?

insanePaPa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:42 pm

insanePaPa wrote:Hi All,

My DD has been admitted to Business Management in NYP which was her 2nd choice although she wanted TP (1st choice) which is closer to our home. I've tried appealing thru the online link but there isn't any option for it although there are others which she is not interested in. Why is this so?

If she didn't get the course, it probably means she didn't make the cut-off? I think the system disallows appeals if the student didn't make the cut-off.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby insanePaPa » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:03 pm

That's what I thought too but my DD told me her classmate with a point higher than her was granted admission to this course. Now this is puzzling.
:?

insanePaPa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:14 pm

insanePaPa wrote:That's what I thought too but my DD told me her classmate with a point higher than her was granted admission to this course. Now this is puzzling.

Call the poly and ask?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby floppy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:35 pm

insanePaPa wrote:That's what I thought too but my DD told me her classmate with a point higher than her was granted admission to this course. Now this is puzzling.

Your daughter's classmate could have planned ahead, applied for and admitted under EAE.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby insanePaPa » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:59 pm

floppy wrote:

Your daughter's classmate could have planned ahead, applied for and admitted under EAE.

No, her classmate never apply under EAE. That's the puzzling part. Well what's done is done, I just hope she enjoys her 3 years stint in NYP.
Btw anyone's child in this same course before. Hoping for some reviews.

insanePaPa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees