EAE

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.
questionable_i
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

EAE

Post by questionable_i » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:10 pm

I wonder if you want to try for the EAE, and you do not have relevant subjects that you are currently taking that is related to the course you want to enter via EAE, do this means that one would have a lower chance of getting into the course via EAE? Like example, if one wants to enter Accounting course via EAE, but you do not take POA as one of your subjects, does this mean that it will lower your chance as you do not have any chance to participate in any of relevant to the accounting course?

emoh
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:12

Re: EAE

Post by emoh » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:49 pm

questionable_i wrote:I wonder if you want to try for the EAE, and you do not have relevant subjects that you are currently taking that is related to the course you want to enter via EAE, do this means that one would have a lower chance of getting into the course via EAE? Like example, if one wants to enter Accounting course via EAE, but you do not take POA as one of your subjects, does this mean that it will lower your chance as you do not have any chance to participate in any of relevant to the accounting course?
Don't think so unless its stated as a pre-requisite. For Ngee Ann Poly Accounting they just need pass in EL, Maths and 3 other subjects.

http://www.np.edu.sg/ba/courses/acc/Pages/acc.aspx.

https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/direc ... -questions

questionable_i
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by questionable_i » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:34 pm

emoh wrote:
questionable_i wrote:I wonder if you want to try for the EAE, and you do not have relevant subjects that you are currently taking that is related to the course you want to enter via EAE, do this means that one would have a lower chance of getting into the course via EAE? Like example, if one wants to enter Accounting course via EAE, but you do not take POA as one of your subjects, does this mean that it will lower your chance as you do not have any chance to participate in any of relevant to the accounting course?
Don't think so unless its stated as a pre-requisite. For Ngee Ann Poly Accounting they just need pass in EL, Maths and 3 other subjects.

http://www.np.edu.sg/ba/courses/acc/Pages/acc.aspx.

https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/direc ... -questions
Thank you.

polygoing
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by polygoing » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi has anyone gone for a EAE interview for information technology at the Polys?

what do they ask?
Is there an aptitude test

leontay
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by leontay » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:34 pm

different course would have different requirement. some may require aptitude test (my kiddo going for one this sat for TP (aviation management). some may just shortlist you for interview.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:04 pm

as a parent, we really have to keep up with the changes.
there is EAE, PFP and direct admission for poly now.
son's classmate has EAE to do PFP in the poly...the classmate would have to pass English and Math. in a way, it's definitely less stressful. it took me some time to digest this info.

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:9

Post by JJ1111 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Last year my sister's neighbor EAE into Poly Accounting course, he didn't take POA in Secondary.

aqishababy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

EAE - 2019 INTAKE

Post by aqishababy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:53 am

Hi Everyone ! :imanisland:

Not too sure if there are other separate threads with regards to the above subject, if yes, do help to direct me there yeah :smile:

Just wondering, anyone's dd or ds applied under EAE to Polytechnic recently?

If yes, wanna share share experiences together? :wink:

My DD recently applied for Life Science courses for NP, SP & NYP.

Got shortlisted for interview to NP next week :xedfingers: Any pointers to share to prepare for the interview? :wink:

Whereas for SP, she received an email to attend a Mass Screening Session this coming Friday (to be followed by interview after that). Wonder what this Mass Screening is about. :scratchhead:

So anyways, if anyone has anything to share about EAE or about our 2002 kiddoes, come let's chat here !

Thanks in Advanced !

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:334

Post by Funz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:31 am

I was reading through the EAE requirements.

Just wondering even with EAE student will still have to meet minimum entry requirement for the course, if that is the case, what is the real advantage of going through EAE?

Rafflesian
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Rafflesian » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:22 pm

Funz wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:31 am
I was reading through the EAE requirements.

Just wondering even with EAE student will still have to meet minimum entry requirement for the course, if that is the case, what is the real advantage of going through EAE?
If your child is given a conditional offer for the course through the EAE, he/she would not have to worry about whether he/she can meet the JAE/JPAE cut-off point for admission to the course, as long as he/she fulfills the minimum entry requirements for the course. In other words, without the EAE's conditional offer, your child would not only need to meet the minimum entry requirements for a course, he/she would have to "compete" against other potential applicants during the JAE/JPAE and ensure that his/her results are good enough to make the cut-off point.