Networking Group - HCI (College)

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.
eve74sg
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Networking Group - Hwa Chong JC

Post by eve74sg » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Active kid wrote:Hi,
Is there any good recommendations for h2 math tutor or centre?

Thanks in advance!
Hi

I am also sourcing for tutors.

So far this is what i have researched, hopefully other parents can share too:
1.GP, Econs - Indigo seems quite popular, and even has a HCI class in their Balmoral outlet. MY DD went for the trial in Novena but she claims the classroom walls are not soundproof hence quite noise when students are outside.
2. Physics - currently attend the tutor who is the 'most popular Physics teacher'' in Bishan. google and u can find him. so-so reviews from my girl. She said better than no help at all.
3. Math - wanted to try out True Learning, but haven't start.

Another popular JC tuition is Learner's Lodge.

Ksptan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Ksptan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 pm

eve74sg wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Hi

1.GP, Econs - Indigo seems quite popular, and even has a HCI class in their Balmoral outlet. MY DD went for the trial in Novena but she claims the classroom walls are not soundproof hence quite noise when students are outside.
2. Physics - currently attend the tutor who is the 'most popular Physics teacher'' in Bishan. google and u can find him. so-so reviews from my girl. She said better than no help at all.

Physics cafe at TP
Cater for both H2 maths & physics.
Quite popular, but expensive

GP, heard that "school of thought" is not bad.

kwcllf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:11

Post by kwcllf » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:46 am

eve74sg wrote:
proton wrote:
eve74sg wrote:Hi, my DD has a score of 8-4=4, is it a high chance to try HCI Science?
In fact i am worry it will be very stressful for her in HCI, but think of it, all JCs are stressful as well. :p
Hi eve,

your child get in to HCI?

It is quite true that all JCs are stressful.
Hi
Yes, my daughter is currently in HCI. She said very difficult and has been studying almost every day.
I think your daughter should be OK if she has been conscientiously studying. From what I gathered from my DS, many of his classmates were not doing very well in their tests or block tests. Once, I heard a HCI girl talking to her friend in the MRT that she barely scraped through some of her subjects.

I believed HCI sets quite high standards, but during the crunch "A" Levels exam, the school always do well. So, don't be too worried.

yuki2010
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:5

Post by yuki2010 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:33 pm

Thanks in advance!
I recommend you Future Academy tuition centre. Former HCI math HOD Lau Hock Soon is teaching there.

esme38
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by esme38 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Tomorrow is the last day to submit your DS and DD's university application!!
Congratulations to HCI A Level Class of 2017!! :dancing: :dancing:

esme38
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by esme38 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:40 pm

Tomorrow is the last day to submit your DS and DD's university application!!
Congratulations to HCI A Level Class of 2017!! :dancing: :dancing:

Seannnnn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Seannnnn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:15 pm

eve74sg wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Hi

Just jumping on this thread to share my contacts.

1. Econs. Terence from Ace Clinic Education, He teaches many RI and Hwa Chong kids. He provides his own notes which are useful for examinations. There are also some video testimonials on his website.
2. Chemistry - Donnell from Twig Learning Centre. He also teaches many RI, Hwa Chong kids and others from top schools. Also provides his own unique notes for examinations.

Vincentlim989898
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Vincentlim989898 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:01 pm

I am borrowing this thread to look for parents or students who might be looking for Econs Tuition.

I wish to send my son to JC2 Econs Tuition at this centre in Thomson. Main objective is to give him a final boost for his A levels which are coming up. Looking for another 1 or 2 students so we can enjoy group rates together. My son also prefers group classes because he feels more pressured when its 1 -1.

If there anyone is interested, please PM me! Much appreciated. Target to start ASAP.

tsh0202
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by tsh0202 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:04 pm

Any good recommendations for H2 Chem?

darnocwee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:1

Post by darnocwee » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:56 pm

proton wrote:
joe0599 wrote:I heard the new principal made a lot of changes and he also cancel the usual practice of asking those 4A and above student to go on stage...he may also do away with the presentation...anyway on site can verify? My DS didn't send me anything about the overall school performance...

Is true that the new principal also remove or cancel those special programme eg SMTP GATE etc?
Last time I heard RI does not have this practice to invite those scored 4A and above students to the stage anymore. Bcz it may cause students to feel too stressful....
but 4As dont go on stage anymore