Patek Philippe Watch Art Grand Exhibition Singapore2019

Have an event you want to alert our community? Post it here. Threads without any new posts for more than 60 days will be removed without notice.
Forum rules
The Happenings Forum is intended for parents to alert other parents of events that may be interesting to the community. Service providers are NOT allowed to start threads here. If you are a service provider, please post announcements of your offerings in the Buy & Sell Forums, and NOT in this Forum. Thank you.
Schootopia
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:8

Patek Philippe Watch Art Grand Exhibition Singapore2019

Post by Schootopia » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:00 am

The exhibition ends this Sunday 13 OCtober 2019.

https://www.patek.com/en/company/news/w ... -2019#news

Location at Sands Theatre, near dB and Cut by Wolfgang.

Family Days: Sundays, October 6 & 13 from 10 am to 5 pm, offering a variety of children-friendly activities.
Friday & Saturday: from 10 am to 10 pm. Last entry at 9 pm.
October 13: Last admission is at 4 pm. Exhibition closes at 5 pm.

Entrance is free. No tickets reservation is required.

I will recommend a visit for a couple of reasons:

1. Patek spent a whisper figure of $50M for this exhibition, including a make-over of the Sands Theatre. The watch distributors had their VIP cocktails. They flew in their best clients from Thailand, China, Indonesia etc. And, of course, the Royalties and VVIP, had their private viewings. However, you can get to see the same exhibition for FREE. Singaporeans like free things right?

2. For the upper primary kids, get to see a real spring in a mechanical watch, see how it is wound up, converts into movement etc. Relate it to your energy topics in Science.

3. For the upper primary / secondary kids, get to peer into high-powered high-tech microscopes. These are way better than anything you will ever get to see in school, and maybe even in university. This is a great chance for you.

4. Learn something about horology (the art of watch making). In the Movements Room, they have plastic models and experts to demonstrate and explain to you how mechanisms such as "annual calendar", "minute repeater" work. Be amazed how simple parts are assembled into complications to count the range of time from seconds to years, all without electronics and battery.

5. In the Watchmakers Room, you get to see up close the components of a mechanical Patek. You will never see a mechanical Patek taken apart in any watch shop. Once in a lifetime opportunity..

6. Some of the pieces are real treasures. The grand complications.

7. I saw plates of coloring crayons outside … should be for the really young ones.

There is a real educational aspect to this exhibition. I've been to the Patek Philippe museum in Geneva, and I only see finished products. This exhibition teaches you the art of horology.