Calls for Play Dates!

Have an event you want to alert our community? Post it here. Threads without any new posts for more than 60 days will be removed without notice.
Forum rules The Happenings Forum is intended for parents to alert other parents of events that may be interesting to the community. Service providers are NOT allowed to start threads here. If you are a service provider, please post announcements of your offerings in the Buy & Sell Forums, and NOT in this Forum. Thank you.

Calls for Play Dates!

Postby LeLe's mummy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi all,

Happy New Year!

I am Malaysian Chinese, stay at home mother of two girls. and I speak Mandarin to my daughters. My husband is English.

My second daughter (turning 2 in Feb) and I like to go to playgrounds or parks nearby our house (we are at Toh Yi/Toh Tuck/Bukit Batok area) during weekdays between 7ish am to 8ish am or 9ish am (She wakes up between 5ish to 6ish am and needs her nap at about 9ish am)

If you have children of my daughter's age and he/she is an early riser too, would you like to meet up for a playdate?

We usually go to Toh Yi playground on Tuesday morning and Bukit Batok Nature Park on Wednesday or Friday morning.

Thank you.

LeLe's mummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Call for Play Dates!

Postby v_ni » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:53 pm

Original Title: Weekday Mandarin Playdate for 2.5y boy

Anyone interested to meet up for a playdate on mondays or wednesdays mornings? i'm finding it increasingly difficult to speak mandarin to my son so i need a boost!

We stay at the central area, prefer to meet up at botanic gardens or jacob ballas.

v_ni
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Playdates in the East

Postby Veryfatmum » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:20 am

hi hi i am a sahm of 2 boys - 11mo and 2.5yo.. always seeking new friends for them. Have been meeting up with facebook mummy-friends at my place and indoor playgrounds. Do join us! : )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/271468199600636/

Veryfatmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Playdates in the East

Postby lchunleo » Fri May 18, 2012 11:08 pm

May i ask, where in East in particular are the meetup held? i lived in sengkang.

lchunleo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Veryfatmum » Fri May 18, 2012 11:28 pm

hi, we have playdates.. at my place at bedok reservoir road.. there is one coming up on 29 may.. We also met up at east coast park before.. and went to hokey pokey at suntec.. join our facebook group? easy to see whatever 'dates' we have : )

Veryfatmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby lchunleo » Fri May 18, 2012 11:36 pm

thanks, sorry i am new to playdate, but what do everyone do during playdate? my son is a toddler of 2+ yrs, so are a min age for playdate?

lchunleo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Veryfatmum » Fri May 18, 2012 11:52 pm

playdate is just for the kids to play and the mummies to chat. Can just free play.. play with toys.. with one another.. sometimes we do some sensory play. The last time we played with Insta-snow. you can google that : )

Veryfatmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Calls for Play Dates!

Postby Art Outreach Singapore » Fri May 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Dear Parents,

Art Outreach is a non-profit organisation with a mission to promote art literacy and appreciation. As part of Art Day Out! at Gillman Barracks next week, 14th May, we have lined up 2 family workshops led by Australian artist Merryn Trevethan amongst other public drop-in activities. Families will be guided on how they can work together and make art in imagination and creative ways through a 1 hour image transfer workshop. Tickets are free and donations are most appreciated. Find out more here: http://artdayoutfamilyworkshop1-14may.peatix.com

For more information on other Art Outreach family events, do check out http://artoutreachsingapore.peatix.com/

Thank you.

Art Outreach Singapore
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Calls for Play Dates!

Postby Adelle H » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi all!

Im a new mummy of a 3 months old boy. I think it would be great to do meet ups with parents who have similar age babies so we can share our tips!

Adelle H
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Happenings