Free Rollerblading Training Class for Children and Parents

Have an event you want to alert our community? Post it here. Threads without any new posts for more than 60 days will be removed without notice.
Forum rules The Happenings Forum is intended for parents to alert other parents of events that may be interesting to the community. Service providers are NOT allowed to start threads here. If you are a service provider, please post announcements of your offerings in the Buy & Sell Forums, and NOT in this Forum. Thank you.

Free Rollerblading Training Class for Children and Parents

Postby cimman » Thu May 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Instead of complaining about inflation in Singapore, I'm doing my bit to fight inflation.
For folks who wants to learn rollerblading as a family, children and parents, this would be a great opportunity. It is expensive to learn as a family, so I'm not charging anything for this. It is also great to be able to skate as a family. You don't want the little ones to zoom off on their skates while you're panting behind them catching up.

Date: 20 May
Time: 2pm - 3pm
Venu: McDonald's Bishan Park
Fees: Free

Things to bring:
1. Protective gear: wrist guards, elbow guards, knee guards, helmets.
2. Inline skates
3. Socks
4. Water Bottle
5. Insect Repellent
6. Towel
7. Band Aids (just in case of scraps and cuts)
8. Camera/Camcorder (optional, you might want to capture your little one taking his/her first step on a skate. :) )

Please register your interest in this thread so that I can monitor the number of people interested in this activity. Please also send me a PM with your email address. I'll need that for confirmation. Please also indicate how many people will be skating and if they're adult or children.

You'll need to bring along your skating gears and guards. If you need help in getting the gears, please let me know. There is a skate shop just across the road from Bishan Park (Freeskate Inline, Blk 338, Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, #01-1649). I know the owner and I can get discounts for you.

Depending on the progress of the class, I'll see if 2 or 3 follow up sessions are needed.

You won't be skating like a pro after 2 or 3 sessions, that will take a lot more practice. The aim is to know how to skate forward, how to fall safely, how to stop. The turning part is considered more advanced and will not be covered in this session. However, if you pick things up fast, and if there's time, I can go through that with you.
Last edited by cimman on Thu May 10, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Free Rollerblading Training Class for Children and Paren

Postby ksmummy » Thu May 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi Alan,

Pls put in 4 attendees (2A 2C) for my family.

Thanks!

ksmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Sun_2010 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi, I have pmed you.
2 of us - 1A+1C

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby joeymum » Fri May 11, 2012 8:14 am

Hi, 1 kiddy for me. Thanks

joeymum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Frisbee » Fri May 11, 2012 11:44 am

Hi,

Thanks for our arrangement. 2 kids for me.

Frisbee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby cimman » Fri May 11, 2012 12:03 pm

to all parents who are joining the class, please let the children wear shorts that you don't mind getting dirtied. They will have to sit on grass patch and there might be some mud and dirt. So don't bring along your best Sunday church clothes. The same goes for the adults too.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Fri May 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Alan, thanks for conducting the training class & its free! I will like to join the class but is there another time slot and day?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Fri May 11, 2012 2:36 pm

If it rained on that day, will the lesson still continue for instance at a later time like say 2.30pm or will it be cancel?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby flowy » Fri May 11, 2012 3:03 pm

i sent u a pm

flowy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby cimman » Fri May 11, 2012 4:04 pm

comfy wrote:If it rained on that day, will the lesson still continue for instance at a later time like say 2.30pm or will it be cancel?

good question. If it rains, I'm afraid I'll have to reschedule it.
Parents who are interested, please send me your mobile contact number via PM. If there are changes in plans due to weather conditions, I will send out an SMS.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Happenings