Groupon

Have an event you want to alert our community? Post it here. Threads without any new posts for more than 60 days will be removed without notice.
Forum rules The Happenings Forum is intended for parents to alert other parents of events that may be interesting to the community. Service providers are NOT allowed to start threads here. If you are a service provider, please post announcements of your offerings in the Buy & Sell Forums, and NOT in this Forum. Thank you.

Groupon

Postby zbear » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:07 am

Not sure if this is the rite place to post this n don't know if a discussion thread has already been posted.

Anyway, I would like to get feedback from anyone who buys Groupon vouchers. Is it a good discount especially retail goods? Do the retail providers deliver as promised?

Thanks.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Groupon

Postby Just4Fun » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:06 am

zbear wrote:Not sure if this is the rite place to post this n don't know if a discussion thread has already been posted.

Anyway, I would like to get feedback from anyone who buys Groupon vouchers. Is it a good discount especially retail goods? Do the retail providers deliver as promised?

Thanks.

So far so good for local delivery. Only 1 bad experience when shipment of overseas item took so Long. Customer service had promised a full refund with item returned , but when item had finally arrived, Groupon refused to accept return despite few emails n phone calls.

So, to be on the safe side, just go for local deals, espy food discounts.

Just4Fun
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ptb7476 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:58 pm

my bad experience was i was charged for an overseas day trip when i wasnt planning to go that country . called them immediately as well as email after receiving an email confirmation . after a few round of email, they finally agreed to refund but in the form of credit and not cash .. so i am forced to anyhow spend just to finish the credit and from them onward no more ...

they do keep your CC once you have made a purchase .. so i guess that is why unauthorised purchased happened .. so got to ask them remove the CC and stay away from the website lolz

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby makanbees » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:51 am

I dun really like Groupon anymore.

makanbees
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Technospaz » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:46 pm

I do buy stuff from Groupon relatively often. Their offers are pretty good and they deliver without issue. I only had one bad incident where the item I purchased did not look at all like what was on the website. After going back and forth with Groupon, they refunded my money and I returned the item.

Technospaz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Happenings