1. The International Phonetic Alphabet for the English Language (UK) and how to use the dictionary
2. One Half of the Story: Consonants – voiced and voiceless
3. The Other Half: Vowels – monophthongs and diphthongs
4. Chill out: Word stresses, sentence stresses and weak forms
5. Strings Attached: Linking sounds and connected speech
6. Mysterious Disappearances: Omitted sounds (elision)
7. Set the Tone Right: Using intonations effectively
8. Oops!: Common mispronunciations heard in Singapore
Free English Pronunciation Workshop
Have an event you want to alert our community? Post it here. Threads without any new posts for more than 60 days will be removed without notice.
Forum rules The Happenings Forum is intended for parents to alert other parents of events that may be interesting to the community. Service providers are NOT allowed to start threads here. If you are a service provider, please post announcements of your offerings in the Buy & Sell Forums, and NOT in this Forum. Thank you.