xbox kinect

This is the KiasuParents' Playground. If you wish to start some forum-based games, you're most welcome to create them in here! All discussions about music and movies will be kept in this Forum too.

xbox kinect

Postby hmsg » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Anyone using it? What are the games you play?

hmsg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: xbox kinect

Postby Faun » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:28 am

hmsg wrote:Anyone using it? What are the games you play?

My kids play Kinect Sports and Adventure. They have been crazy about Kinect Sports. It's really amazing how the camera can catch all the movements . The Kinect Sports gives a very good full body workout. My dh upper body ache all over after playing Beach Volleyball and Boxing with the kids. The songs used are quite good too. It's great family fun. :rahrah:

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby xian_kai » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Both my DS love it. Especially the Kinetic sports games. I think the Kinetic is good as it does not require a remote control (which can be quite expensive to get one), and we did not need to worry the kids will accidently drop the remote while playing (which was why we decided on the Kinetic over Wii).

By the way, does anyone have the Party Games? Seems like the game is a bit difficult to control (instructions etc).

xian_kai
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Faun » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:35 pm

According to review, the Kinect Sports is by far the best. We have the Kinect Adventure, it's quite fun too. Don't know about Party Games. :celebrate:

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hmsg » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:23 pm

yes, i tend to play sports more than adventure! i hope they can develop more games!

hmsg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby blur-daddy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:45 am

Just got one as christmas gift and yes, a lot of fun with our 1st game for past 2 days - Kinect Adventure... Kind of funny with those camera shot on yourself. But my DS1 comment is that after a few trials, kind of becoming boring... i.e. his 2nd days on Kinect.

Not sure whether after 2 weeks of playing, will this be a general feeling. I do look forward to try out the SPORT. Does anyone know whether is there going to be one for kick boxing and where to get cheaper xbox Kinect games? This is a fun way to keep fit and have fun.

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby hmsg » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:15 am

don't think kinect sports has kick boxing, only boxing. The track & field is also v fun...

You can take a look in amazon and get it delivered to SG. The prices are cheaper but u will have to wait for delivery...

Have not started on adventure as we are still crazy about sports :)

hmsg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby blur-daddy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Thanks! I will look into getting more games and hope to use this to kickstart my own exercise routine... hehehe

hmsg wrote:don't think kinect sports has kick boxing, only boxing. The track & field is also v fun...

You can take a look in amazon and get it delivered to SG. The prices are cheaper but u will have to wait for delivery...

Have not started on adventure as we are still crazy about sports :)

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby xian_kai » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:16 pm

blur-daddy wrote: where to get cheaper xbox Kinect games? This is a fun way to keep fit and have fun.
yeah was wodering where to get cheaper kinect games?

Checked on eBay, seems like with shipping cost, it is also quite costly. Unless I miss out other websites (if so please advise).

Have checked around the shopping centers, the "cheapest" one I can find is $54 for a game (but must pay $15 to be member), and $56 for nonmember.

ETA - Amazon seems to have good prices for the Kinect games, plus with the weak US dollars and strong SIN dollars recently, it might be a good deal :D

xian_kai
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: xbox kinect

Postby sylzanita » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:18 pm

what's the usual price for a 4GB XBOX Kinect + 1600live points? I saw at a website selling at $449sgd

sylzanita
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Playground