Transformers: Dark of the Moon was made in Singapore ....

This is the KiasuParents' Playground. If you wish to start some forum-based games, you're most welcome to create them in here! All discussions about music and movies will be kept in this Forum too.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon was made in Singapore ....

Postby tankee » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:57 am

according to CNA, 24 minutes of Transformers: Dark of the Moon was made in Singapore, by the Singapore team of Industrial Light and Magic, which is an arm of Lucasfilm Ltd.

Working alongside Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) in the US, Transformers: Dark of the Moon is the Singapore studio's biggest project to date with work starting from the pre-production stage where characters and scenes are developed and built.

Out of the 156 people in total who worked behind the scenes on the show, from artists to production and tech support staff, 30 per cent of them were Singaporeans.

that sequence included in trailers where Bumblebee transforms and flips to rescue Sam in the alley - that was also made-in-Singapore. And that moment when Sentinel Prime leaps off a building in downtown Chicago splitting it like a zipper with his lance as he descends to battle the Autobots.

Original news report is here

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 29/1/.html

somehow, I felt a sense of pride after reading this. :wink:

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon was made in Singapore ...

Postby linden2000 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:29 am

:rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:

linden2000
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby stressedmother » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Yes, I watched with my kids and asked them to guess the parts made in sg. They found it out :D

stressedmother
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Recently my house was playing the part 3 of the Pirates of the Carribean with Chow Yuen Fatt in it and he was supposed to be from Singapore. I only rushed to the TV when I heard Singapore.... :lol:

The other thing was recently TVB did their star awards in Singapore Marina Sands? It must be an expensive event to fly in all the stars and benefit the Singapore audience.

Postby guqin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:34 pm

Does that include the grammatically incorrect movie title? :rotflmao:

guqin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Playground