Japanese Drama

This is the KiasuParents' Playground. If you wish to start some forum-based games, you're most welcome to create them in here! All discussions about music and movies will be kept in this Forum too.

Japanese Drama

Postby tankee » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Just watched this romance comedy Japanese drama, very nice & touching. Highly recommended.

Title: プロポーズ大作戦
Title (romaji): Proposal Daisakusen
Tagline: Operation Love

It is 11 episode + 1 SP.

And the ending theme song is super nice too !

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Japanese Drama

Postby tankee » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:46 am

Another romance comedy, first screened in Jul 2009.

Title: ブザー・ビート
Title (English): Buzzer Beat
Tagline: 崖っぷちのヒーロー / Gakeppuchi no Hero

Although not as touching as Proposal Daisakusen, it is still quite nice. Recommended.

it is 11 episodes.

The theme song is nice too.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:57 am

Yes, romance comedy again :oops:. This is the Japanese version of the highly successful 미남이시네요 / Minami Shineyo (also known as: He's Beautiful / You're Handsome). Jang Geun Suk, who acted as Hwang Tae Kyung in the korean version, made a guest appearance in this japanese version as himself.

Title: 美男ですね
Title (romaji): Ikemen desu ne
Format: Renzoku

Personally, having watched the first episode of korean version only and the entire of the japanese version, I preferred the japanese version more.

It is 11 episodes.

The songs in this drama is super nice ! Especially

tankee
Site Admin

Postby sobasogood » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:09 pm

miss all the jap dramas during the late 90s/early 00's.. k-wave has been dominating ever since..

sobasogood
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tankee » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Good Life ~ Arigato, Papa. Sayonara.

A touching story about a 6 year old boy and his self-centered workaholic father.

Daichi Sawamoto is a newspaper reporter who has always prioritized his work over his family. His mother left him when he was very young and his dad committed suicide when he was 10. Not knowing how to love and thought that the best and only way is to be successful at work and bring home lots of money. When his wife suddenly leaves him, he finally notices the love he has been receiving from his son. Just as he decides to answer back, learning to love, it is discovered that his son has leukemia.

The boy is super cute. Sorimachi Takashi, 反町隆史 acts as Daichi Sawamoto. Great acting from these 2.

Story is adapted from a best selling novel that had sold over 2 million copies.

All working parents should watch this. Do prepare a box of tissue when you do.

tankee
Site Admin

Japan drama series

Postby sleepy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Noticed Japanese drama not as popular as Korean drama nowadays

I'm chasing SPEC警视庁公安部 only 10 episodes. Rather interesting, it combines Hero (a US drama series) and 金田一's detective kind of stories.

This series came to my attention because of the movie SPEC Heaven. That's when I realised movie was spinned off from that drama.

Any other interesting Japanese drama you're watching? Do share :lol:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Japan drama series

Postby Snow Crystal » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Indeed I prefer Korean drama. The only Japanese drama I watch not that recently was Kaseifu no Mita because I like Nanako Matsushima (松嶋菜々子). The series is very popular but a bit creepy - she doesn't smile and goes about her duties as a housekeeper like a robot. Initially I thought she was indeed a robot. I saw another thread "Japan drama". Tankee watches Japanese drama.

Snow Crystal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Japan drama series

Postby tankee » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:53 pm

sleepy wrote:Noticed Japanese drama not as popular as Korean drama nowadays

I'm chasing SPEC警视庁公安部 only 10 episodes. Rather interesting, it combines Hero (a US drama series) and 金田一's detective kind of stories.

This series came to my attention because of the movie SPEC Heaven. That's when I realised movie was spinned off from that drama.

Any other interesting Japanese drama you're watching? Do share :lol:

ya SPEC is quite nice

there is a SP if my memory did not fail me

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:58 pm

I'm watching "Beautiful Rain"or ビューティフルレイン now

It's about a single father with a young daughter, and he is diagnosed as a sufferer of early-onset Alzheimer's disease

the young daughter is acted by 芦田愛菜 (あしだ まな), one of the current hot child star

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Flowermonaster » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:44 am

tankee wrote:Good Life ~ Arigato, Papa. Sayonara.

A touching story about a 6 year old boy and his self-centered workaholic father.

Daichi Sawamoto is a newspaper reporter who has always prioritized his work over his family. His mother left him when he was very young and his dad committed suicide when he was 10. Not knowing how to love and thought that the best and only way is to be successful at work and bring home lots of money. When his wife suddenly leaves him, he finally notices the love he has been receiving from his son. Just as he decides to answer back, learning to love, it is discovered that his son has leukemia.

The boy is super cute. Sorimachi Takashi, 反町隆史 acts as Daichi Sawamoto. Great acting from these 2.

Story is adapted from a best selling novel that had sold over 2 million copies.

All working parents should watch this. Do prepare a box of tissue when you do.

This sounds good, think I will watch it together with my DS after PSLE. Thanks for the recommendation Tankee. :smile:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Playground