Movie "3 idiots"

This is the KiasuParents' Playground. If you wish to start some forum-based games, you're most welcome to create them in here! All discussions about music and movies will be kept in this Forum too.

Movie "3 idiots"

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Hubby's friend recommended this video title. Now available at VideoEzy, has English subtitles. A mock at pressure cooker education system. Worth watching to remind us of what we see or shld see as important in our children's lives.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23240
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: Moive "3 idiots"

Postby Kabby » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi Jennifer
I watched it many times because it is very meaningful and moving. :hi5:

I went to get the DVD after I caught it the first time. Really a keeper. Thanks for sharing.

Kabby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2577
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:26 am
Total Likes: 4


Re: Movie "3 idiots"

Postby smartmummy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:03 pm

I watched it twice but I didn't sit for whole story.So I didn't understand the story but I think I underdtood the moral of the story.Next week we r going to see the Tamil version in cinema.I hope it will be very fun and good moral.My son liked to watch the movie '3 idiots'.Its full of creative ideas.Esp in the climax.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4952
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:00 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Movie "3 idiots"

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:08 pm

smartmummy wrote:Next week we r going to see the Tamil version in cinema.


Which cinema?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23240
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: Movie "3 idiots"

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:14 pm

smartmummy wrote:I watched it twice but I didn't sit for whole story.So I didn't understand the story but I think I underdtood the moral of the story.Next week we r going to see the Tamil version in cinema.I hope it will be very fun and good moral.My son liked to watch the movie '3 idiots'.Its full of creative ideas.Esp in the climax.


There was a scene in which sb hang himself in the dormitory after the Prof rejected his request for extension which meant he could not graduate in that year. Was your son disturbed by it?
Last edited by Jennifer on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23240
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106



Re: Moive "3 idiots"

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:17 pm

kabalevsky wrote:Hi Jennifer
I watched it many times because it is very meaningful and moving. :hi5:

I went to get the DVD after I caught it the first time. Really a keeper. Thanks for sharing.


I think this movie was telecasted last week. By the time I caught it on TV, it was already ending. Could hv recorded it if I knew earlier. VideoEzy is also selling the disk, think less than $20. Where did u get yours? I would also like to buy one.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23240
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: Movie "3 idiots"

Postby smartmummy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Jennifer wrote:
smartmummy wrote:Next week we r going to see the Tamil version in cinema.


Which cinema?

I am not sure where we will go (DH will decide).One in beach road other one in woodlands.Sorry I don't know the names.I think cathay in woodlands otherone don't know what.
I just checked
http://www.google.com.sg/movies?hl=en&n ... CCIQwAMoBg

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4952
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:00 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Movie "3 idiots"

Postby smartmummy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Jennifer wrote:
smartmummy wrote:I watched it twice but I didn't sit for whole story.So I didn't understand the story but I think I underdtood the moral of the story.Next week we r going to see the Tamil version in cinema.I hope it will be very fun and good moral.My son liked to watch the movie '3 idiots'.Its full of creative ideas.Esp in the climax.


There was a scene in which sb hang himself in the dormitory after the Prof rejected his request for extension which meant he could not graduate in that year. Was your son disturbed by it?

I think he didn't.
but finally he got graduated,isn't it?So all is well.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4952
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:00 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Movie "3 idiots"

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:40 pm

smartmummy wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
smartmummy wrote:I watched it twice but I didn't sit for whole story.So I didn't understand the story but I think I underdtood the moral of the story.Next week we r going to see the Tamil version in cinema.I hope it will be very fun and good moral.My son liked to watch the movie '3 idiots'.Its full of creative ideas.Esp in the climax.


There was a scene in which sb hang himself in the dormitory after the Prof rejected his request for extension which meant he could not graduate in that year. Was your son disturbed by it?

I think he didn't.
but finally he got graduated,isn't it?So all is well.


The one who hang himself died.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23240
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: Movie "3 idiots"

Postby iRabbit » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Yes, I heard of this movie from a relative. Something about the moral tug-of-war between doing what is beneficial to oneself - especially when one is born disadvantaged - vs doing what is honorable.

Head vs heart. Tough choice isn't it?

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:21 pm
Total Likes: 119


Next

Return to Playground