Puzzles

This is the KiasuParents' Playground. If you wish to start some forum-based games, you're most welcome to create them in here! All discussions about music and movies will be kept in this Forum too.

Re: Puzzles

Postby questionable_i » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:23 pm

An old Mathematics book contained this addition sum which had been marked correct by the teacher:

Image

The three squares in the diagram are where the paper was so bad I couldn't read them.

What were the three missing numbers?

questionable_i
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:39 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Puzzles

Postby alfretztay » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:08 am

questionable_i wrote:An old Mathematics book contained this addition sum which had been marked correct by the teacher:

Image

The three squares in the diagram are where the paper was so bad I couldn't read them.

What were the three missing numbers?


My answer will be 0, 9 and 0 as 072 + 398 = 470.

alfretztay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:56 am
Total Likes: 5


Re: Puzzles

Postby tutormum » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:35 pm

My answer is 872 - 398 = 474. Cannot be addition cos cannot put 0 in front of any number. Therefore, to form the smallest 3 digit number with 0, 3, 8 answer is 308.

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:44 pm
Total Likes: 21


Re: Puzzles

Postby cyberette » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:13 pm

tutormum wrote:My answer is 872 - 398 = 474. Cannot be addition cos cannot put 0 in front of any number. Therefore, to form the smallest 3 digit number with 0, 3, 8 answer is 308.

772 not 872, right? If it's subtraction...

cyberette
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:35 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Puzzles

Postby alfretztay » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:21 pm

Pointing at a photo of a female, a boy named Tom said, " She's the daughter of my paternal grandfather's only daughter-in-law." How is the female related to Tom?

alfretztay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:56 am
Total Likes: 5



Re: Puzzles

Postby alfretztay » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:48 am

You have 2047 lemons and 11 bags to distribute these lemons in all the bags in any way you choose. However, when I ask for a certain number of lemons you have to give them in terms of bags without transferring the lemons from any other bags. How would you distribute the lemons?

alfretztay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:56 am
Total Likes: 5


Re: Puzzles

Postby alfretztay » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Which number replaces the question mark?

4, 2, 1, 21

5, 3, 8, 98

6, 7, 3, ?

alfretztay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:56 am
Total Likes: 5


Re: Puzzles

Postby questionable_i » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:39 pm

According to the traditional song, on the first day of Christmas (25th December), my true love sent to me:

. A partridge in a pear tree

On the second day of Christmas (26th December), my true love sent to me THREE presents:

. Two turtle doves
. A partridge in a pear tree

On the third day of Christmas (27th December and so on) my true love sent to me SIX presents:

. Three French hens
. Two turtle doves
. A partridge in a pear tree

This carries on until the the twelfth day of Christmas, when my true love sends me:

Twelve drummers drumming
Eleven pipers piping
Ten lords a-leaping
Nine ladies dancing
Eight maids a-milking
Seven swans a-swimming
Six geese a-laying
Five gold rings
Four calling birds
Three French hens
Two turtle doves
A partridge in a pear tree

After the twelve days of Christmas are over, how many presents has my true love sent me altogether?

questionable_i
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:39 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Puzzles

Postby alfretztay » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:12 am

questionable_i wrote:According to the traditional song, on the first day of Christmas (25th December), my true love sent to me:

. A partridge in a pear tree

On the second day of Christmas (26th December), my true love sent to me THREE presents:

. Two turtle doves
. A partridge in a pear tree

On the third day of Christmas (27th December and so on) my true love sent to me SIX presents:

. Three French hens
. Two turtle doves
. A partridge in a pear tree

This carries on until the the twelfth day of Christmas, when my true love sends me:

Twelve drummers drumming
Eleven pipers piping
Ten lords a-leaping
Nine ladies dancing
Eight maids a-milking
Seven swans a-swimming
Six geese a-laying
Five gold rings
Four calling birds
Three French hens
Two turtle doves
A partridge in a pear tree

After the twelve days of Christmas are over, how many presents has my true love sent me altogether?


http://www.the-north-pole.com/carols/images/ansanta.gif

Total = (12 + 22 + 30 + 36 + 40 + 42) × 2 = 364

Ans : 364 presents.

alfretztay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:56 am
Total Likes: 5


Re: Puzzles

Postby questionable_i » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:35 pm

alfretztay wrote:
questionable_i wrote:According to the traditional song, on the first day of Christmas (25th December), my true love sent to me:

. A partridge in a pear tree

On the second day of Christmas (26th December), my true love sent to me THREE presents:

. Two turtle doves
. A partridge in a pear tree

On the third day of Christmas (27th December and so on) my true love sent to me SIX presents:

. Three French hens
. Two turtle doves
. A partridge in a pear tree

This carries on until the the twelfth day of Christmas, when my true love sends me:

Twelve drummers drumming
Eleven pipers piping
Ten lords a-leaping
Nine ladies dancing
Eight maids a-milking
Seven swans a-swimming
Six geese a-laying
Five gold rings
Four calling birds
Three French hens
Two turtle doves
A partridge in a pear tree

After the twelve days of Christmas are over, how many presents has my true love sent me altogether?


http://www.the-north-pole.com/carols/images/ansanta.gif

Total = (12 + 22 + 30 + 36 + 40 + 42) × 2 = 364

Ans : 364 presents.


:congrats: To alfretztay you got the right answer.

questionable_i
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:39 pm
Total Likes: 1


PreviousNext

Return to Playground