Convince me to have a 3rd Kid

This is the KiasuParents' Playground. If you wish to start some forum-based games, you're most welcome to create them in here! All discussions about music and movies will be kept in this Forum too.

Convince me to have a 3rd Kid

Postby concern2 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Ok, I am thinking of having a 3rd kid but every rational thinking tells me that I should not.

And I am someone who needs to plan because if I want, I get. :oops:

And my DH leaves the decision to me - want or don't want :faint: .

Willing to give away 100 kiasu points from my own account for the winning participant(s) - if multiple winners, points may be distributed.

Points awarded will be transparent - I will give out in red in quoting back.

Deadline is 30th of September 2013.

Parents who have been through making this decision are most welcome! :welcome:

All kinds of formats in presenting your ideas are welcomed, including points, stories, experiences, humour, etc.

All ideas are welcomed, but they must be substantiated, like if quoting bonuses, must state how much, etc.

Terms and conditions:
1. No hanky pankies like "Try me, I am good" kind of remarks, or vulgarities.
2. I am not obligated to answer any questions. You can ask, and I may choose not to answer.
3. I reserve the right not to give away any kiasu points if there are less than 10 participants. (reason is I prefer to get a wider perspective from different people)
4. Points given are based on my own judgement of how convincing it is. Cannot cry 'not fair' - oh wait, can cry but no action will be taken.
5. I don't log in all the time, so you can continue to post here until my next log in, whereby I'll start giving out points.
6. Deadline may be shortened or extended depending on response.

Can start posting or get clarifications.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Convince me to have a 3rd Kid

Postby ngl2010 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Let me start.

Kids are sooooooooooo cute :please:

Can have more than 1 entry or not?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:16 pm

in one sentence -
Because it is the biggest treasure you can give yourself, your DH and your two kids - one more human to call their own.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:27 pm

ngl2010 wrote:Let me start.

Kids are sooooooooooo cute :please:

Can have more than 1 entry or not?

Yes, but preferably each point clearly para or in point form so I don't miss them.

1 pt

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:29 pm

Sun_2010 wrote:in one sentence -
Because it is the biggest treasure you can give yourself, your DH and your two kids - one more human to call their own.

1 pt

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:32 pm

BTW, if you can elaborate more on your points, I may allocate more points, because the idea is to convince me.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:36 pm

concern2 wrote:BTW, if you can elaborate more on your points, I may allocate more points, because the idea is to convince me.

Aiyah, so much i want to say , but difficult to put it down. Wait , in a day or two I come back with my arguments.

Care to share the age range of your kids?

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Sun_2010 wrote:
concern2 wrote:BTW, if you can elaborate more on your points, I may allocate more points, because the idea is to convince me.

Aiyah, so much i want to say , but difficult to put it down. Wait , in a day or two I come back with my arguments.

Care to share the age range of your kids?

Ok, ok, all ears :lol:

DS is 9 and DD is 7 - P3 and P1.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:47 pm

i must say, having 3kids isn't easy cos u have only a pair of hands to hold 2 kids but one day, i went grocery shopping with my small dd. she is my #3 and 6yo this year. i bought a lot of stuff and she insisted on carrying some bags for me. i asked her why? she says, she needed to show me that giving birth to her is the best thing for me to do cos she loves me the most.

i have a boy and a girl, i thought it was perfect already, but #3 topped the banana split with a cherry.

she is the glue that link the elder bro and sis when they quarrel. she is the only one who still sits on daddy's lap. she is the one who is never stingy with her kisses and hugs. i never knew what i've missed until i had her. :love:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby atrecord » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:48 pm

If you can afford to bring up another kid, and are still not too old, then I'll say go for it.

It is very useful and helpful to have siblings taking turns and chipping in to take care of parents or grandparents when there is a need. I witnessed how DW had to deal with stress during the final days of my late MIL, when our kids were young. DW has 3 siblings but only 1 was around to help and share the load...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Playground