Friend wants to borrow money

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.
Vanz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Friend wants to borrow money

Post by Vanz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:50 pm

When I let a friend borrow money, I see to it he/she can repay but if I know they can't repay me, I'll let them borrow just a small amount so it doesn't hurt that much

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:135

Post by janet88 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:17 pm

Vanz wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:50 pm
When I let a friend borrow money, I see to it he/she can repay but if I know they can't repay me, I'll let them borrow just a small amount so it doesn't hurt that much
if a friend wants to borrow money, I prepare for that person not to return.
agree...just a small amount so that it won't hurt if he/she really doesn't return. what i'm afraid is borrow and return first time. then borrow again but bigger amount.

Joanne25
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Joanne25 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:51 pm

Some people, when you let them borrow the first time, they will borrow all over again. And will never stop unless you say NO the next time. And some will make you the bad one when don't let them borrow money

Vince19
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Vince19 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:38 am

Hi, ngl2010!

Don't you forget to think about yourself first. You might be a great help to her but how about you? Would she also do the same thing if you were on her situation. Hope that this piece of advice might help you.