All About Diamonds

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

All About Diamonds

Postby KSP » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Ok, let's talk about diamonds here. Tell us how to choose a fine diamond or share with us your first or most precious one you have.

Here is an educational link on diamond.
http://sg.bluenile.com/diamonds/diamond-education

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby daisyt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:25 pm

After watching the movie and documentary show of "Blood Diamond", I feel so sad when I see diamonds. :(

http://www.history.com/videos/blood-dia ... -bloodshed

I am a NO Diamond person, just like dd is a NO sharkfins person.

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlurBee » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:08 pm

My 1st diamond is on my wedding ring. :love:

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:15 pm

I got my set of diamond earrings and pendant from my ILs as a wedding present. Bou myself 2 rings with small diamonds and a bracelet with small diamonds before I married. That's it.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby HyperKiasu » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:03 pm

i only have one diamond ring and i rarely wear it... :wink:

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby starlight1968sg » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Ashamed to show my wedding ring because the diamond is too small to be noticed.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:17 pm

HyperKiasu wrote:i only have one diamond ring and i rarely wear it... :wink:

me too cos mine is a proposal ring (very very small stone) which can now only fit into my last finger. :oops:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby daisyt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:20 pm

A friend told me, when she bought a diamond ring, it came along with a magnifier. :?

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:25 pm

A friend told me, when she bought a diamond ring, it came along with a pair of sunglasses :shock: :shock:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby watmekiasu » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:37 pm

I like diamonds. :wink: Thank God my dh is well trained - my first one was a necklace with a reasonable sized diamond pendant from dh. Then, a Larry diamond wedding ring (good size too). For being a long-suffering wife, I treated myself to a pair of nearly 3K diamond earrings. :celebrate: There are also a few other diamond bracelets and earrings.

The sad part is I don't wear the ring at all as the skin on my fingers are too sensitive to have anything enclosed around it for long esp after a wash or shower. My earlobes are too small and thin to prop up the diamond studs for best effect. I do wear the earrings like once ot twice a year though cause I really like them. As for the rest, I don't think I've looked at them the past few years. :roll:

Although I like diamonds, I am actually much, much more passionate about semi-precious stones. I adore pearls, amber, labadorite, star rubies, amethysts, jades, lais lazuli, corals etc and I wear them a lot. It's great that they are not too expensive cos they are handled not so gently at home. Haha, my dd shares the same passion as me and we like nothing better than to sit down and examine our goodies. :wink: Such a wonderful mother and child bonding time. :celebrate: I'm so glad I've a girl cos she will inherit all these jewelleries from me.

watmekiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Money Matters