New POSB everyday card cum ez link card

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

New POSB everyday card cum ez link card

Postby toddles » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:21 pm

this new card is apparently causing quite a few problems in people's wallets. cos it interferes with ez link cards...

anyone experiencing this?

what's yr solution?

keep the old ezlink and use this one?

I initially thought that it could only be used if we activate the auto-reload feature, which incurs a cost.

but from the limited info i could find from the website, seems that it can be used like a normal ez link card, with manual top up from mrt station machines?

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:32 pm

I'm still using my old ez-link card. my wallet is the bifold type - so I'll lift up the side with the credit card and make sure to only tap the old ez-link card side, else will have issues.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby duriz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Both DH and I received our new posb everyday cards last month.

We keep our ezlink cards at home as spares.
In case one of our family members loses their ezlink card.
Overseas visitors to our home can use it as well.

If you have both ezlink and posb everyday cards in your wallet/purse, the reading will be erroneous and it will say "multiple cards".

You can top-up your posb everyday card at the ticketing office (not machine) or apply for giro (direct debit from your posb account).

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby toddles » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:52 pm

duriz

oh my yr new avatar is so cute!

thanks - so do you use it as manual top up or auto giro?

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby duriz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:55 pm

toddles wrote:duriz

Thank you toddles.
It's my DD when she was 4-months young.
She will be a year old next month :love:

When I received my new posb everyday card, I was so excited.
The very next day I went to inquire about its use at the mrt station.
The station master advised me to top-up the card at the ticketing office and viola!
I'm considering giro, what do you think?

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby toddles » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:00 pm

hquek wrote:I'm still using my old ez-link card. my wallet is the bifold type - so I'll lift up the side with the credit card and make sure to only tap the old ez-link card side, else will have issues.

thanks - that's a great idea. now to get a bi fold wallet haha.

although I'm quite pleased that it will help me eliminate one card. now just deciding whether to manually top up or to apply for the giro thing. so few details online on the minimum top up amt, max top up amt each time etc.

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:05 pm

And I had the same problem with the Kopitiam card which is also ez-link card... so I dont put it in my smaller wallet but in the purse so that I dont have problems tapping my card during travelling.. the only problem is when i go to kopitiam must remember to bring the card along :stupid:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby toddles » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:05 pm

duriz wrote:
toddles wrote:duriz

Thank you toddles.
It's my DD when she was 4-months young.
She will be a year old next month :love:

When I received my new posb everyday card, I was so excited.
The very next day I went to inquire about its use at the mrt station.
The station master advised me to top-up the card at the ticketing office and viola!
I'm considering giro, what do you think?

oh MY! those cheeks! they are actually real!! hahaha... my dd also super CHEEKED at 2-3 months.

i initally thought giro was the only option, so was ready to give the $0.25 charge a go, if the top up limits made sense (i.e. not too low). considering that it might save some time and hassle. but if I can also manually top up, might do that first... after all, fares already increase, then added top up 'convenience fee' to the picture... bo kam guan.

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby toddles » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:09 pm

LKVM wrote:And I had the same problem with the Kopitiam card which is also ez-link card... so I dont put it in my smaller wallet but in the purse so that I dont have problems tapping my card during travelling.. the only problem is when i go to kopitiam must remember to bring the card along :stupid:

that must be the new kopitiam card. my hubs has the old one and it doesn't interfere.

sigh. too many cards!!!

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 pm

toddles wrote:
LKVM wrote:And I had the same problem with the Kopitiam card which is also ez-link card... so I dont put it in my smaller wallet but in the purse so that I dont have problems tapping my card during travelling.. the only problem is when i go to kopitiam must remember to bring the card along :stupid:

that must be the new kopitiam card. my hubs has the old one and it doesn't interfere.

sigh. too many cards!!!

Yeah lor its new card.... and it always interfere.... tooo many cards sigh :shock:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Money Matters