We need help/advice getting investment for a Montessori Scho

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

We need help/advice getting investment for a Montessori Scho

Postby submijons » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:44 pm

My wife has started a Montessori School, but we don't have enough capital to expand. Is there any programs for minority/woman owned businesses or anything else that would help her out?
thanks

submijons
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby pinkapple » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:25 am

write in with proposal to the banks for a loan?

pinkapple
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby rosemummy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:50 pm

There's help and tax rebate for SMEs available. Check SPRING website. Not sure if that's applicable to your wife's case.

Apart from bank loan suggested by pinkapple, which I think will be difficult if you have little track record and can't provide any security, you may want to look at bringing in another partner. Or wait till your current operations is more profitable and use the profits for expansion. At that stage, it may be easier to get a loan or bring in a partner since you have some track record to show.

rosemummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tankee » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:00 pm

in which country? Singapore or Australia? :?

tankee
Site Admin

Re: We need help/advice getting investment for a Montessori

Postby tech_wizard » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Government grant if any would involve tons of document submission also any form of grant fom government would also requires majority of singaporean ownership in terms of shareholdings.

The simplest way is to look for investors.

Cheers...

submijons wrote:My wife has started a Montessori School, but we don't have enough capital to expand. Is there any programs for minority/woman owned businesses or anything else that would help her out?
thanks

tech_wizard
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Money Matters