Gold trade

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Gold trade

Postby micollh » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 pm

anyone has anything to share on this? my friend is into this gold trade, when he buy the gold, he paid only 90% of the amount and she is given a piece of gold (physical) to keep. can trust? he said he has been doing this for few years now and been earning abt $200 per month.

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Gold trade

Postby financial_guru » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:03 pm

micollh wrote:anyone has anything to share on this? my friend is into this gold trade, when he buy the gold, he paid only 90% of the amount and she is given a piece of gold (physical) to keep. can trust? he said he has been doing this for few years now and been earning abt $200 per month.

What is the name of the company he buy the gold from? I'm highly doubtful abt this....

financial_guru
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby micollh » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Genneva. i check wbsite, this company ever been complaint in Msia. my fren said it's from HK

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby financial_guru » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:28 pm

micollh wrote:Genneva. i check wbsite, this company ever been complaint in Msia. my fren said it's from HK

Please stay far away from this company..... :!:
They are on MAS alert list at http://www.moneysense.gov.sg/check_our_ ... IAL.html#g

financial_guru
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby micollh » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:32 pm

geess.. thanks. i wonder if he knows. he said he is happy with the earnings. he is asking me to join too as he said even if the company got problem, he already earn back from the interest. and the physical gold in hand (which is abt 25% below market rate) will cover back.

i will stay away for sure. Thanks.

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DesertWind » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:45 pm

Sounds really familiar. I was approached by one insurance agent about this physical gold investment before. Problem is the gold is sealed and you cannot break the seal. So how you know the gold is real? It takes trust. The risk is if the co. decides to close shop, you end up having the gold and the gold is not real, then how?

The returns are very attractive indeed. But if really interested may be better to go OUB and buy their physical gold cert. or bar.

For me, I siam by saying my father was in hospital (which was true) and escape that period of pestering.
:|

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby micollh » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:31 am

DesertWind wrote:Sounds really familiar. I was approached by one insurance agent about this physical gold investment before. Problem is the gold is sealed and you cannot break the seal. So how you know the gold is real? It takes trust. The risk is if the co. decides to close shop, you end up having the gold and the gold is not real, then how?

The returns are very attractive indeed. But if really interested may be better to go OUB and buy their physical gold cert. or bar.

For me, I siam by saying my father was in hospital (which was true) and escape that period of pestering.
:|

but he told me he bring the gold to pawn shop pretend want to check the value.. and it's confirm is real

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MLJ » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:42 pm

I have heard from different sources about how lucrative it is to go into gold trading but for me if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Anyone here doing any dabbling in gold trading, can share your insight?

MLJ
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ln2912 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi,
I've been doing gold trade w Genneva since last Jul till now. So far, hv been earning well. Besides me, my friends are also doing.

ln2912
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby UncleLim » Thu May 26, 2011 5:15 pm

If you are interesting in investing in gold, you should open a Gold Savings account with UOB. It allows you to buy in small quantities in the form of savings. Just that it is recorded in weight rather than in dollars.

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Money Matters