HDB and Condo

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.
janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Re: HDB and Condo

Post by janet88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:13 am

Yngmng wrote:Janet,
It is true that agents given exclusivity will commit more resources to market your unit. Given your tight timeline, can consider a 3 months exclusivity period. Understand from the agent how they intend to market your unit.
called an agent last night marketing a unit in the same estate...told me it is premature to discuss anything. period. 'wonderful' isn't it? :slapshead:

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:121

Post by lee_yl » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:20 am

Get an exclusive agent, the agent will be more committed to help you. There is no need to sign exclusive for 3 months, can just sign for 1 month, then you gauge from there whether your agent has been working hard for your case.

Imagine if you have 2-3 agents, they will have to compete with one another to close the deal and it is not uncommon to see different agents advertising different prices for the same unit. And in order to attract buyers to call them, one after another will start to advertise lower selling price than the other.

As for HLE, best to get the letter ready before committing to any purchase.

Yngmng
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Yngmng » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:50 am

Janet,

I think the fastest way to sell a property is to price it realistically. Can gauge from the latest transaction and listings in the various property platform.

When I tried to rent out my hdb flat, I price it $100 below the asking rental from most landlord. Manage to rent out within 2 weeks.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:40 pm

I think the fastest way to sell a property is to price it realistically. Can gauge from the latest transaction and listings in the various property platform.

When I tried to rent out my hdb flat, I price it $100 below the asking rental from most landlord. Manage to rent out within 2 weeks.
anyway, we will be meeting an agent to ask him for advice on the timeline...something we desperately need to find out, in case we get a choice unit and don't know how to sell the present flat.

pricing realistically is important...some agents told me my flat can fetch prices that sound impossible.
Last edited by janet88 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by starlight1968sg » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Janet
Glad that there is progress in your selling/buying of a flat
At least you would have an idea how much your flat is worth

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:06 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Janet
Glad that there is progress in your selling/buying of a flat
At least you would have an idea how much your flat is worth
i roughly have an idea.
but nothing concrete because we still don't know what kind of units will be left over...if low floor, afternoon sun and some corner of bukit batok, i rather give it a miss. was telling hubby, we won't always have a car. so cannot be inaccessible. very depressing to move from a convenient place to some corner.

nicnac
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:3

Post by nicnac » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:07 pm

janet88 wrote:

the 2 agents i spoke to told me there are not many units being offered in my estate...in march 17, there was a 4 room sold for $740K in hdb website. mid floor like mine but don't know if corner or corridor. anyway, we will be meeting an agent to ask him for advice on the timeline...something we desperately need to find out, in case we get a choice unit and don't know how to sell the present flat.

pricing realistically is important...some agents told me my flat can fetch prices that sound impossible.
Wow, really great that your area is worth so much. My current place is only worth about 60% of your flat value, so I am not very keen to move. It will almost be a one-for-one swop if we get a new flat. Then the renovation cost that we have to pump in :gloomy:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:26 pm

nicnac wrote: Wow, really great that your area is worth so much. My current place is only worth about 60% of your flat value, so I am not very keen to move. It will almost be a one-for-one swop if we get a new flat. Then the renovation cost that we have to pump in :gloomy:
when we bought our place in 1998, it was just past the peak. the couple who wanted to buy before us agreed to $388K but the deal didn't go through as they divorced and forfeited the deposit. then it dropped $40K...but still it was considered ex at that time. i fell in love with it the moment i walked into the flat.

now we may have to part with it because we hope to go loan free, and also because this place is getting old and we have no money to renovate. it is hard to part but we have no choice.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:12

Post by Coolkidsrock2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:48 pm

Any chance that it may be selected for SERS?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 pm

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:Any chance that it may be selected for SERS?
not that i know of. lift just upgraded. blocks just painted. temple highly unlikely to move.