Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

HDB and Condo

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Re: HDB and Condo

Postby janet88 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:13 pm

buying a flat is supposed to be a happy thing. he tells me to source for agents and arrange to meet them.
after 1 month, i feel like our place is like a tourist destination spot. i'm sick of this...especially when i saw the same viewer last week.

since i am not given the authority or proxy to decide, i will not give a damn. any agents who wants to bring someone to view the flat, i will indicate in the calendar and then i disappear downstairs to the coffee shop during that period.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:39 pm

janet88 wrote:buying a flat is supposed to be a happy thing. he tells me to source for agents and arrange to meet them.
after 1 month, i feel like our place is like a tourist destination spot. i'm sick of this...especially when i saw the same viewer last week.

since i am not given the authority or proxy to decide, i will not give a damn. any agents who wants to bring someone to view the flat, i will indicate in the calendar and then i disappear downstairs to the coffee shop during that period.

Janet, just think of the profit :lol:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lee_yl » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:59 pm

Janet, forgot to tell you just now that my SIL mentioned that for your estate, she notice a lot of owners are currently selling their units recently :shrug: and majority of the buyers looking for EM or 5rm.

Pros:
1). Having only 1 exclusive agent is likely to make your agent more motivated to market and sell for you. Agents generally don’t like to market open listings.

2). Exclusive agent can also control pricing better. Imagine agent A advertises $700K, agent B (in order to entice potential buyers), no choice but to advertise lower, say $688K. As a buyer, you are more inclined to call agent B for viewing. So as seller, you can never get a high selling prices

Cons:
1). If exclusive agent goes on holiday with family for 1week, for that week, he cannot bring buyers up for viewing or respond to queries from interested parties.

2). Not uncommon for your different agents to bring same group of buyers up to view your unit.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:07 pm

well, since i am not given the full authority to decide, i will simply bochap...from arrangement of viewings to renovation. then he has to handle everything.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lee_yl » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:11 pm

janet88 wrote:well, since i am not given the full authority to decide, i will simply bochap...from arrangement of viewings to renovation. then he has to handle everything.

Aiyo, no lah, I know it’s a stressful period. Sit down and discuss with him.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 pm

lee_yl wrote:
janet88 wrote:well, since i am not given the full authority to decide, i will simply bochap...from arrangement of viewings to renovation. then he has to handle everything.

Aiyo, no lah, I know it’s a stressful period. Sit down and discuss with him.

Janet
Calm and cool down
It is a major and stressful matter

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:22 pm

You and your husband is a team. For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, remember? Must help him. Work as a team. It shouldn't be if I don't get my way then you do everything yourself.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 pm

he asks me to source for agents and arrange viewing but after a month when viewers are just coming like a “tourist spot”, i feel it’s time to consider exclusive. But a big NO was thrown at me. It’s not like I don’t get my way and make him settle everything. My hands are tied if he is not receptive to do something different but die die wants to continue status quo.
Fine, he is tied down with other matters, so I can manage the agents and schedules, yet not given full authority to change anything. Then I have to put up with his “endless nagging about flat not sold”, “why no viewing” blah blah blah. I am sick of hearing. Since he doesn’t seem receptive, I think it’s time he handles the agents and viewing schedules. Then he will truly understand why I am pissed.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:10 am

the selling process just started not long ago right..just give it some more time. I agree with ngl2010, work as a team..anyway this is a happy problem..profit/$ money coming in :smile:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:15 am

janet88 wrote:he asks me to source for agents and arrange viewing but after a month when viewers are just coming like a “tourist spot”, i feel it’s time to consider exclusive. But a big NO was thrown at me. It’s not like I don’t get my way and make him settle everything. My hands are tied if he is not receptive to do something different but die die wants to continue status quo.
Fine, he is tied down with other matters, so I can manage the agents and schedules, yet not given full authority to change anything. Then I have to put up with his “endless nagging about flat not sold”, “why no viewing” blah blah blah. I am sick of hearing. Since he doesn’t seem receptive, I think it’s time he handles the agents and viewing schedules. Then he will truly understand why I am pissed.

You got to convince him. He is afterall your husband. He is probably a little old school which most ppl are. That’s normal. At the end of the day, u still have to discuss with him on every big matter. Can’t just sit on the issue. Your place is one of the many that are selling so really need to preservere on and be patient.

It’s not easy to get viewing during holidays. I have friends and family who are on long vacation. In fact, the price u r selling is probably not selling to an average family either. It’s probably for slightly above average and for ppl who want to stay near parents. That alone narrows it. They can spend a little more to get condo though might not be where they want la. Typically most ppl take 6-9 months to sell a property in a down market. In fact I’m not positive until after CNY. Now Christmas mood after that will be CNY mood.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Money Matters

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres