HDB and Condo

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Re: HDB and Condo

Postby fanren » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 pm

You must check with agent is it due to asking price thus hindering people from wanting to view it ?

fanren
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby janet88 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:51 pm

fanren wrote:You must check with agent is it due to asking price thus hindering people from wanting to view it ?

i did. my agent said to give it time and not to adjust price as it is reasonable for a flat in bukit timah.

just now, we went for a car ride to see if we can take a lift up to the new flat...guess what, we did! standing outside the unit felt good.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:07 am

janet88 wrote:
fanren wrote:You must check with agent is it due to asking price thus hindering people from wanting to view it ?

i did. my agent said to give it time and not to adjust price as it is reasonable for a flat in bukit timah.

just now, we went for a car ride to see if we can take a lift up to the new flat...guess what, we did! standing outside the unit felt good.

that is a good start :rahrah:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:26 am

i know such monsoon surge could be once in a blue moon...but even my tiles are cold to the touch.
initally i wanted concrete flooring in the new flat...i think it would be colder to step on if we get this weather again and we don't have the habit of wearing bedroom slippers.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 am

agent told me my estate is not known to many although it is parked under Bukit Timah...as many only think of Farrer Road bcos of its proximity to Nanyang Primary, Clementi because of Nan Hua, Choa Chu Kang is where Southview is.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vinegar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:48 pm

Floor tiles cracking in HDB flats at multiple estates across Singapore

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/floor- ... -singapore

vinegar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby nicnac » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:19 pm

vinegar wrote:Floor tiles cracking in HDB flats at multiple estates across Singapore

I think they are all the same batch of lousy homogeneous tiles that came with the premium flats. They lexactly like mine. Mine popped about 10 years ago.. twice. Living room 2x and then kitchen tiles. Due to heat - expansion, they said back then. Now, due to the cold :skeptical:

nicnac
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:16 am

nicnac wrote:I think they are all the same batch of lousy homogeneous tiles that came with the premium flats. They lexactly like mine. Mine popped about 10 years ago.. twice. Living room 2x and then kitchen tiles. Due to heat - expansion, they said back then. Now, due to the cold :skeptical:

too hot, tiles pop up due to expansion.
too cold, tiles crack.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vinegar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:55 am

nicnac wrote:
vinegar wrote:Floor tiles cracking in HDB flats at multiple estates across Singapore

I think they are all the same batch of lousy homogeneous tiles that came with the premium flats. They lexactly like mine. Mine popped about 10 years ago.. twice. Living room 2x and then kitchen tiles. [url]Due to heat - expansion, they said back then. Now, due to the cold[/url] :skeptical:

hehe..trace back to Sec 1 Physics: Effects of expansion & contraction.

Could it be due to workmanship? Not sure if this has ever happened for private properties.

vinegar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:53 pm

i showed the picture to my ID...he told me the tiles do not have cement, only the floor has.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Money Matters