Personal Accident Insurance

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Re: Personal Accident Insurance

Postby daddy2007 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Currently my daughter is covered under AIA StarShield which also covers food poisoning and dengue

It covers HFMD but the claim of $50 is only once every 2 policy years

daddy2007
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby financial_guru » Fri May 06, 2011 8:40 am

jessicawongcs wrote:Any recommendation on personal Accident insurance that cover HFMD?

You can try tenet pa star. it covers 13 infectious diseases including HFMD.
website is at: http://www.tenetinsurance.com/personal/PAStar.asp

Let me know if you want to further discuss.

financial_guru
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby micollh » Tue May 10, 2011 9:48 am

i din know insurance can cover HFMD. how do they cover? pay for the medical fees ? usually HFMD wont cause much as there is no medicine for it, jst fever syrup and the most the oral lotion for ulcer.

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby micollh » Tue May 10, 2011 10:08 am

oh ic.. but if i already have income shield, i think i cannot buy second hospitalisation plan le. moreover, my company covers for my kids in-patient fees.

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jesschan » Tue May 10, 2011 10:50 am

Hi! I am not an expert nor an insurance salesperson, but I do have some basic understanding about insurance.

Personally, I feel that if in-hospitalisation costs is a concern, it is better to purchase a comprehensive hospitalisation plan with riders such as a daily hospital cash benefit to cover other non-medical costs (eg taxi-fares, extra domestic help etc...).

For outpatient medical costs due to illnesses, it is not commonly available on stand-alone basis and is usually available through corporate employee benefit plans.

So most people only managed to insure outpatient costs due to accidents and such insurance policies (usually purchased as a rider under a Personal Accident Policy) may impose an excess to weed out small claims. The key coverage of a Personal Accident insurance is to provide for lump sum benefits in the event of an accident leading to a disablement. So it is important to know what is defined as a disablement in the policy and what is the definition of accident.

Hope the above helps.

jesschan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 30plus » Tue May 10, 2011 1:19 pm

I think before you go and buy any insurance, you need to think what do you want. Basically, insurance company is not charity. So, the premium = (actual cost + admin cost + insurance company profit) / policy holders.

It is obvious if the actual cost is quite even to all policy holders, such as outpatient cost, then it does not make sense to buy insurance. You should consider those rare events with very high cost, for example, liver transplant. That is the essence of insurance. You transfer the risk of a rare high cost event that you are not able to afford.

30plus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby anneffendi » Wed May 11, 2011 5:05 pm

jessicawongcs wrote:Any recommendation on personal Accident insurance that cover HFMD?

Hi,
U may want to take up NTUC's income PAID(personal accident & infectious disease ) . I have for myself and my son..you can check out their website.

http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/paid/index.asp

anneffendi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby gt1122 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:51 pm

gt1122
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

personal accident insurance

Postby nettie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:11 am

Hi all,

Do you have any idea? which insurance company give us a best deal in town? i am thinking of getting it for myself and my kids

nettie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: personal accident insurance

Postby UncleLim » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:14 pm

nettie wrote:Hi all,

Do you have any idea? which insurance company give us a best deal in town? i am thinking of getting it for myself and my kids

Nettie, do you have other insurance policies? You insurer will be happy to add on personal accident for you...

P/s. Sorry to evangelise regarding this again but I hope you and your kids also have hospitalisation insurance.

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Money Matters