HDB prices hiking!!!!!!!!!!!!

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

HDB prices hiking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby smartmummy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi everyone!

Please advice me about HDB resale price.We sold our house 2 years ago.We are staying in 3 room rental house.My husband always told me wait for sometime,the price will go down.We are facing so much problem now.In our neighbourhood houses so expensive.If we looking another place we have to consider good primary school.Life so stressful.Do you think the price go down by end of this year?

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: HDB prices hiking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby raysusan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:26 pm

with the amount of FT coming in to singapore
the demand is very high
the HDB resale price will never go down much

unless you can re apply for new unit and hope the gayment can subsidize more

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby laughingcat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:01 pm

No way HDB pricing will go down. As this peg to the GDP in some way. If it goes down, alot of Singaporean will be very unhappy and I am sure government will not want to tread into this path.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phtthp » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:11 am

how much does a 4 room or 5 room HDB flat in Toa Payoh costs now ? those newly built - very tall 30 to 40 storey high flats ?

how about similar 4 or 5 room flats in Bishan ?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ANobleNerd » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:54 pm

I suggest you look for flats in cheaper estates; prices are not likely to fall by much.

I suppose you do have money saved from the sale of your flat two years ago, so I think you can still afford flats if you're not too picky about the area.

ANobleNerd
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kwokwc » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 am

Hi concern_parent,

same like you, I am waiting for the price of HDB price to drop slightly. I am currently staying in the shophouse, where I run my business.

I do think that price of HDB will drop slightly. I have been checking the price through site such as property guru etc. From what I see, after the recent announcement that they will build more BTO and will review the income ceiling, there are more property listing in these website. In fact, the COV pricing is not as high as before. But for pricing of HDB to drop much will take much longer period of time.

First COV price must drop first. Only when the selling price is below valuation, then prices of flats will drop. This usually takes a longer period of time. For me, it is that COV price that is 'killing' me. I find it quite ridiculous to pay 100K COV. But lately I do see more flats asking about 20-30K COV in area such as Clementi and Redhill.

However, do agree that if not looking at the central places, prices are still quite alright. For me, same problem, have change my kids school when I just moved to the shophouse, so not very good to change their school again. Afterall, ds is now in P5, can't 'touch' him now. And I like their current primary school very much.

We can only wait and see how things move on.

kwokwc
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby limlim » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:07 pm

concern_parent wrote:Hi everyone!

Please advice me about HDB resale price.We sold our house 2 years ago.We are staying in 3 room rental house.My husband always told me wait for sometime,the price will go down.We are facing so much problem now.In our neighbourhood houses so expensive.If we looking another place we have to consider good primary school.Life so stressful.Do you think the price go down by end of this year?

hmm.. the MIW already said that they will NOT let the price go down rite? Else it is raiding the reserves.......

So.. there's only 1 way.. Up..... early buy early save money.. :evil:

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dicky » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:00 am

If one hopes for HDB prices to come down, doubt this year. There is this commentary about the recent ramp up of public housing supply, in my opinion, I agree with the writer, does not much to ease or dropped the prices. He gave his analysis based on:
1. Demand outstrip supply in HDB resale market
2. BTO flats needs 7 years to be on resale mkt. 2-3 yrs to build, 5 yrs MOP
The news of more BTO flats, more land for HDB housing will cause prices to moderate at best.
But if buying 1 flat for home stay, there is never a good time or bad time to sell or buy. Sell high buy high, sell low buy low. Merely trading one flat for another, unless you have a comfortable roof over your head when you sell your HDB and can afford to wait.....

dicky
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby smartmummy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:42 am

After selling the house,lose money & no peace at all.When we selling time 3room flat 200 only.195+5.now we have to give 30+ for cov.We can't afford to live in rental house.We should buy by end of this year(lose or gain no choice).So our kids starts new school in new year.Now we r looking.

Thanks for your kind responses.I appreciate you all!

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yqyq » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:21 am

Pricing difference abt 80k-100k if compare to 2 years ago....

yqyq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Money Matters