mickey mouse units at The Seawind Condo

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

mickey mouse units at The Seawind Condo

Postby wongsansan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi Mums, we have 1 kid and we are very keen in Tao Nan School and CHIJ Katong.

We are interested in this new project in Telok Kurau Lor N call the seawind
www.d15seawind.sg

I wasn't keen in telok kurau at first because i didn't really like those boutique apartments, but after my sister bought her place in one of the apartment there, i think it is quite nice and different.

i am not too sure if the price is expensive as this project is by far east and i read a lot of review that say their property are expensive. my hubby's uncle own a 1 bed condo at the cotz. it is really really small, about the size of a hotel room with additonal balcony and a kitchen area. but i was quite shocked when they rented that out at $2500/month.
2 bedroom there are going at like $3000-$3200 and they are so much bigger!

I know telok kurau is freehold and kind of quiet and near to east coast, and it is located within 1 km of some popular schools that we want but i am not sure if 1 bedroom units are better than 2 bedroom.

we are very much attracted to the rental yield of 1 bedroom units but we are afraid it may be too small when we try to sell it. 635sqft seem like a very small size to me...

also anyone got an idea if SOHO are better than condo unit?

anyone staying in that area can share some views?

wongsansan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

mickey mouse units as investment?

Postby wongsansan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi Mums, I think you all have heard of mickey mouse shoe box units. they are relatively cheap in terms of quantum sum but definitely not if calculate by per square feet!

I am looking at this project call the seawind at telok kurau, it is quite a big decision and we are quite neverous about it :p

www.d15seawind.sg
it has quite a lot of unit types and is kind of big with over 200 units compare to most of telok kurau 20-40 units boutique apartment.

we wanted the location so that we can register for tao nan or CHIJ katong. but we also do not know if we can do that since the project is going to TOP in 2015 probably 2014, i know projects in this area always TOP earlier by a lot!!! since they are so small, i think they are usually done pretty fast.

what are your views on mickey mouse investment?

wongsansan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Money Matters