Need advise on Takeover of hawker stall

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Need advise on Takeover of hawker stall

Postby limlim » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:34 pm

A friend of mine wants to let go of a hawker stall (non cooked food) in the wet market. Any advise on where to advertise or research on relevant topics, such as the market rate etc..? Thanks.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Need advise on Takeover of hawker stall

Postby peterch » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:47 pm

can try commercialguru website? I found similar one when I was browsing the site.

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby limlim » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks.. I came across a few postings.. but there seems like few response and not much information available.

Wonder if there is any property agents or the like who actually deal with transfer/sale of hawker stalls.. My friend is planning to retire.. so is not keen on running the stalls anymore.. The stall is owned.. so no rentals.. I guess.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:38 pm

oh.. Thanks mod for the move.. I search around the forum not sure where to post this..

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:51 pm

Subletting and Stall Assignment

Currently, non-subsidised stallholders are allowed to sublet and assign their stalls. As part of the measures to reduce the cost pressures on stallholders and to keep food prices affordable, the Government will no longer allow full day subletting, as there have been concerns that such practices increase rentals and cost pressures on food prices. Stallholders are required to personally operate the stall for at least four hours a day, but will be allowed to have a co-operator to run the stall for the other half of the day. The Panel recommended a similar approach.

To address concerns that the existing Stall Assignment Scheme allows speculators to profit and drive up food prices, non-subsidised stallholders will also not be allowed to assign their stalls. There are hawkers who take over stalls by way of assignment after paying assignment fees. To recoup their investment, they may then pass down the costs to consumers in the form of higher food prices. To address this, non-subsidised stallholders who are no longer interested in operating their stalls are to return the stalls to NEA, who will in turn rent the stalls out.

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/news_detail_2012 ... 1971980900
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:12 am

"For the current stallholders in existing centres, the no full-day sub-letting and no stall assignment conditions will apply to tenancy renewals three years from now to allow reasonable time to make business adjustments. There will be no change in policy for subsidised stallholders."

Where to find the policy for subsidised stall holders? Search high and low can't seems to find the info I am looking for..

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:15 am

Also.. what is the definition for assignment of stalls..?

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Money Matters