Have you been cheated of more than $100 before?

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Have you been cheated of more than $100 before?

Postby AceTutors123 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Have you been cheated of more than $100 by any specific individual before? Running a business, I have so many people who default on their payment that I need a blacklist to keep track of them. It's such a hassle and emotional drain trying to the due money back :stompfeet: . Has any of you encountered such problems before? How did you handle it?

-Justin

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Have you been cheated of more than $100 before?

Postby AceTutors123 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:22 pm

This is just one of the two list of debtors that I have. Wonder why can't people just be honest:

http://forum.acetutors.com.sg/t529-blacklisted-parents-students

-Justin

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby dolphinsiah » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:51 pm

AceTutors123 wrote:This is just one of the two list of debtors that I have. Wonder why can't people just be honest:

-Justin

Oh Dear ! Almost SGD2000 of bad debt and some is as old as 2011...

Since those parents had signed a contract with you , maybe you can bring your issue to CASE....

Good Luck....

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AceTutors123 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 am

dolphinsiah wrote:
AceTutors123 wrote:This is just one of the two list of debtors that I have. Wonder why can't people just be honest:

-Justin

Oh Dear ! Almost SGD2000 of bad debt and some is as old as 2011...

Since those parents had signed a contract with you , maybe you can bring your issue to CASE....

Good Luck....

Hi dolphinsiah, thanks for sympathising! Yes these parents/tutors have agreed to our terms and conditions, but they choose to dishonour it. Definitely have considered going to CASE, but I was really busy that time juggling business and school, so I just let it be. Let karma take its course =/

-Justin

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bleeze » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:50 pm

I had been cheated around $3000 a year ago. I paid for goods and no goods delivered to me. He also cheated his company money and ran away with the money. I had reported to CASE. CASE has demanded him to pay but he refused and CASE can't do anything. I had even engaged debt collector but debt collector is still unable to get the money back till now. :cry:

bleeze
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby AceTutors123 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:46 am

bleeze wrote:I had been cheated around $3000 a year ago. I paid for goods and no goods delivered to me. He also cheated his company money and ran away with the money. I had reported to CASE. CASE has demanded him to pay but he refused and CASE can't do anything. I had even engaged debt collector but debt collector is still unable to get the money back till now. :cry:

Oh gosh, that's despicable of the person.

I've come to believe that those who commit such deeds in this life will have it really bad when they move on. In the Christian context, they may go to hell. In the Buddhist context, they may be born as a really horrible creature. Bless his soul =/

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Steadyberry » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi

My mum has depression bec my Aunty borrowed $20-30k 8 yrs ago n still has not paid. The thing which made my mum angry is the whole family spends money like nobody. Her ds1 drives a RM180k car n goes to Europe n expensive places for holiday. His fav hobbies r fencing n ice skating, all expensive sports. How we know? Bec he wants to show off n put on Facebook. Recently he defriended my family in Facebook. My uncle drives a Mercedes in kl. finally my Aunty has cancer n she said this is her retribution. But still she didn't pay up. Has she ever thought her sons or even her grandchildren might also hv retribution?

My mum did ask again bec she needed the money for op but sigh... My uncle scolded my mum n said that she forced them. Their cars were bought within these these 2 yrs. They could hv pay my mum at least a little bit instead of buying cars, chg to latest hp, new tv...

Steadyberry
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Mdm Koh » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Have you tried hiring debt collectors? 20-30K is a large sum of money.

Mdm Koh
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sembgal » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:39 pm

There will be karma for them. They will get retribution either on their children or grandchildren. Health problem and need to spend their money to see doctors. This is life. What goes around comes around. Your mum must let go, treat it as donation to charity. Only then, she can be happy and wealth will come to her in another form.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Steadyberry » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi mdm koh, sembgal

My mum has not thought of getting debt collector because we are family after all. Not just that, 10 yrs ago, my eldest uncle paid first for the land for the burial place of my grandparents. After that he told the rest of the bros n sils how much to pay. As my mum lives in overseas, she remitted the money to that same Aunty. As my Aunty has not paid her money back, she started to get suspicious n called my eldest uncle. My eldest uncle confirmed that my mum has not paid for the land. Then only my mum knew that she has been cheated since then. Yes, I believe there will be karma for their family. They can enjoy now but not for long.

Steadyberry
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Money Matters