Currency Exchange

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Currency Exchange

Postby dale.schudel » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Where can I go for currency exchange in Singapore?

dale.schudel
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Currency Exchange

Postby kooky83 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:44 am

Depending on the amount, either money changer or bank. If you're planning to change a large sum, I would say go to a bank. All banks like POSB, OCBC, HSBC have [url]currency exchange[/url] services. What currency are you changing? This week's rates: POSB - USD, Selling (1.2661) and buying (1.2501) OCBC - USD, Selling (1.2685) and buying (1.2490) HSBC - USD, Selling (1.2752) and buying (1.24)

[Mod's note: external URL removed

kooky83
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Currency Exchange

Postby Lyyyn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:22 pm

For smaller exchange as in <S$1,000. I find it not worthwhile to travel long distance and queue long queue. For a 0.2 difference, it'll cost you 2 dollar. Even the bus fee, MRT fee and your time worth much more than that. And most money changer at the same point of time (not different time or day as currency fluctuates), their difference is quite negligeable.

Of course I usually check with banks' website and internet and maybe friends to see what's the reasonable rate is. So i will not be bluffed :)

I usually just go to the nearest bank or money changer, depends on where I am at that time.

Lyyyn
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Money Matters