Dish Cleaner Job SGD3K per month-Is it real ?

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Dish Cleaner Job SGD3K per month-Is it real ?

Postby dolphinsiah » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

The recent local talk on a restaurant offering SGD3K per month -unable to find local S'porean to take the job.....

Why eh?

Actually to any person working in the industry knows that the total pay of SGD3K is not the basic pay.....It includes the workers Overtime.... :evil:

I assumed that the
a)Basic pay for this Job is SGD1800.
MOM rule cannot work more than 44 hours per week...
So 1 month is about 25 working days.
So each day pay is SGD1800/25 working days
1 day is SGD72
One hour is SGD72/8.8 hr = SGD8

b)Overtime per staff MOM rule each month cannot exceed 72 hours per month
So Overtime rate is SGD8 *1.5 = SGD12.75 per hour
If work to the Maximum 72 hours of OT.
Staff will get 72 hours * 12.75= SGD918

c)Basic Pay plus Overtime = SGD1800 +SGD918=SGD2718
Include CPF from Employer = SGD2718 *1.16= SGD3150

Work in the frontline-Sales/Waiter/Factory Basic pay also around SGD1800
Work behind the frontline in the kitchen also around SGD1800
So which job will a local person choose.... :?

Just my thoughts.....

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4029
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:38 am
Total Likes: 25


Re: Dish Cleaner Job SGD3K per month-Is it real ?

Postby jedamum » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:26 pm

dolphinsiah wrote:
b)Overtime per staff MOM rule each month cannot exceed 72 hours per month
So Overtime rate is SGD8 *1.5 = SGD12.75 per hour
If work to the Maximum 72 hours of OT.
Staff will get 72 hours * 12.75= SGD918

.have this ruling? is it new? or is it only a guideline?
my ex workplace, people clock OTs in over 100 hrs per month including me.
my late dad used to work weekends OT, bringing home OT pay of more than his basic, hitting $3k for blue collar job at the expense of family time and health.
so surely include OT pay. where got $3k basic pay restaurant job... :roll: as cleaner..but as chef, maybe? :idea:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8519
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Re: Dish Cleaner Job SGD3K per month-Is it real ?

Postby LOLMum » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:29 pm

will deduct $$$ for broken dish/cup?

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:25 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Dish Cleaner Job SGD3K per month-Is it real ?

Postby MMM » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Was following this news on FB. Initial impression was that.... this company wants to be a responsible company and is offer jobs to locals. I even recall myself telling dh that maybe we should frequent their restaurant more since they are so socially responsible even though their food standard has dropped....

But as things start to evolve.... I felt that it sort of backfires on the company when it becomes more and more transparent on what that 3k include. Did they want to use it for PR originally but it was a PR exercise gone bad ??? This can be used as a case study on the usage of social media for companies.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 4734
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:28 pm
Total Likes: 77


Re: Dish Cleaner Job SGD3K per month-Is it real ?

Postby dimsum » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 pm

During his initial interview, the CEO said the $3K was for 9 hours a day work and just dishwashing. Public response was overwhelming. Many pple wanted to apply. But the next day, they clarified that $3K is for 12 hours a day and actually inclusive of OT pay!
So the $3K quoted was grossly misleading.

dimsum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:50 am
Total Likes: 36



Re: Dish Cleaner Job SGD3K per month-Is it real ?

Postby dolphinsiah » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:19 pm

jedamum wrote:
dolphinsiah wrote:
b)Overtime per staff MOM rule each month cannot exceed 72 hours per month
So Overtime rate is SGD8 *1.5 = SGD12.75 per hour
If work to the Maximum 72 hours of OT.
Staff will get 72 hours * 12.75= SGD918

.have this ruling? is it new? or is it only a guideline?
my ex workplace, people clock OTs in over 100 hrs per month including me.
my late dad used to work weekends OT, bringing home OT pay of more than his basic, hitting $3k for blue collar job at the expense of family time and health.
so surely include OT pay. where got $3k basic pay restaurant job... :roll: as cleaner..but as chef, maybe? :idea:


This is Employee rights ....
http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practi ... x#overtime

To work beyond 72 hours OT but not more than 100 hoursOT need to apply to MOM...
MOM will then send their Officer to interview the staff why there is a need to do beyond 72 hours of OT...were they pressurize by the company.....

So don't play play .....Employer can get jail you know :censored:

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4029
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:38 am
Total Likes: 25


Re: Dish Cleaner Job SGD3K per month-Is it real ?

Postby verykiasumummy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:23 pm

haha i've been reading this much much in the news...

i supposed it should be real since it was featured for a few days... but i dun think its illegal... MOM only covers and protects ppl with salary less than 1600/mth. for this, they wun probe...

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:10 pm
Total Likes: 27


Re: Dish Cleaner Job SGD3K per month-Is it real ?

Postby dolphinsiah » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:24 pm

dimsum wrote:During his initial interview, the CEO said the $3K was for 9 hours a day work and just dishwashing. Public response was overwhelming. Many pple wanted to apply. But the next day, they clarified that $3K is for 12 hours a day and actually inclusive of OT pay!
So the $3K quoted was grossly misleading.



What I am not happy is how the Media always Report the wrong thing.....
:mad: :spank:

Always put the locals in bad limelight , about very choosy of work..... :skeptical:

The MEdia should address this issue or the MOM should do something about it....
:rant:

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4029
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:38 am
Total Likes: 25


Re: Dish Cleaner Job SGD3K per month-Is it real ?

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:26 pm

If they really want to employ locals, they have to redeisgn the job to have shorter hours. Foreign workers have no families and social life here, and in order to save as much as they can as quickly as possible, they are willing to work 12 hrs a day. Locals cannot be expected to do so.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 173


Re: Dish Cleaner Job SGD3K per month-Is it real ?

Postby verykiasumummy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:07 pm

many ppl are willing to work long hrs...

of cos is when their kids are old enough n they are also older in their lifes...

pros and cons always..

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:10 pm
Total Likes: 27



Return to Money Matters