Peter Lim Midas Touch at work?

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Peter Lim Midas Touch at work?

Postby Rational_Parent » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:31 pm

In the papers today is news on Rowsley Ltd, a company controlled by the great former remiser Mr. Peter Lim, is buying over a seasoned architectural firm RSP that was seeking a backdoor listing, and is also buying a huge plot of land in Johor where its sultanate crown Prince holds a 30% stake. Rowsley is to transform itself into a property play. A Midas Touch or pure short-term speculation?

I’m intrigued what sort of activity can we expect from this counter in the immediate future. The news noted that shareholders are to get two free warrants with a conversion amount of 18c for each share owned should the deals go through. The conversion amount of 18c is higher than its current share price of 14.1c.

Given the above, I’m inclined to believe that the share price of Rowsley will go up. What say you?

Rational_Parent
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Peter Lim Midas Touch at work?

Postby Harlequin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:04 am

Rational_Parent wrote:In the papers today is news on Rowsley Ltd, a company controlled by the great former remiser Mr. Peter Lim, is buying over a seasoned architectural firm RSP that was seeking a backdoor listing, and is also buying a huge plot of land in Johor where its sultanate crown Prince holds a 30% stake.
(And, Peter Lim holds 70%.)

Rowsley is to transform itself into a property play. A Midas Touch or pure short-term speculation?
(Both)

I’m intrigued what sort of activity can we expect from this counter in the immediate future. The news noted that shareholders are to get two free warrants with a conversion amount of 18c for each share owned should the deals go through. The conversion amount of 18c is higher than its current share price of 14.1c.
Given the above, I’m inclined to believe that the share price of Rowsley will go up. What say you?

(The price will go up, but good for people with reasonable risk appetite, and in-the-know of when to cash out)

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Harlequin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:17 am

The golden rule, 20-60-20. He plays the 20-xxx-20, we play the 60.
Check the 52 weeks high and low.
Take note of the warrants' expiry date.

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:22 am

How is the security there?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Harlequin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:23 am

How's the going? Have you cash out already?

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Harlequin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:37 am

Not sure if you follow UPP? It's another counter link to him.

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Rational_Parent » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Harlequin wrote:How's the going? Have you cash out already?

After 2 solid days of gains of over 100% at high volume, today seems to be a healthy correction of 9.68% with moderate volume traded. Tomorrow should give a good indication as to the number of shares being held after the first 2 days run up.

It seems healthy volume of trades in this counter will last well into next year and I look forward to the new year to see where this is heading. I believe after due diligence and clearance, another run will take place. I especially like RSP for its strong management and excellent track record as a design and engineering outfit. I look forward to its listing and the dynamics and synergy RSP can provide especially across the causeway on the large plot of land.

Rational_Parent
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Harlequin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Looks like you haven't take your profit.

Can always buy back again after the correction.

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Money Matters