e-file personal income tax

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

e-file personal income tax

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:13 pm

Have you?

I almost forgot.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: e-file personal income tax

Postby Sun_2010 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:00 pm

:slapshead: me too.
I dont think i have to but need to cross check and confirm.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Don't need to.

Thought you're a stay home mom Jennifer?
Why need to e-file?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:05 pm

The system appears to be very unstable.... after choosing singpass access, I got thrown out many times :mad: It was like that since last week. I managed to file mine this am and have trouble filing for dh as I just cannot access the site.... I gave up and ask him to try it at his end.

Wonder if it is driven by too many people filing????

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby raynreg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:16 pm

SAHM may have "other" sources of income, ya :evil:

raynreg
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Canvas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:53 pm

I received a letter saying that I still have to e file this year although I am a SAHM (probably due to my previous job) and they will send another letter about it to me but ah, I did not receive anymore information after that. Does that mean I can ignore it or just efile "zero"?

Will you also share how to increase the tax relief for DH? Last year he paid a lot because it was my first year staying at home (we filed separately all along) and he did not get much tax relief. What are the areas that can offer relief aside from insurance policies: spousal?

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:44 pm

buds wrote:Don't need to.

Thought you're a stay home mom Jennifer?
Why need to e-file?

I am the administrator of the household mah :lol:

I think I better check my own status too. Worked part time last year.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Canvas wrote:I received a letter saying that I still have to e file this year although I am a SAHM (probably due to my previous job) and they will send another letter about it to me but ah, I did not receive anymore information after that. Does that mean I can ignore it or just efile "zero"?

Will you also share how to increase the tax relief for DH? Last year he paid a lot because it was my first year staying at home (we filed separately all along) and he did not get much tax relief. What are the areas that can offer relief aside from insurance policies: spousal?

When doing e-filing, the 1st screen is standard with info populated from other agencies. Somewhere at the bottom of the screen, there is an option to declare other income or claim other reliefs. Do check this option to bring yourself to another screen. Then check the relief that are listed in this screen to make sure all possible reliefs are listed, if not, add in new ones on your own.

If spouse is not working, there is a standard relief given. Check if this is reflected in your hubby's e-file.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:50 pm

MMM wrote:The system appears to be very unstable.... after choosing singpass access, I got thrown out many times :mad: It was like that since last week. I managed to file mine this am and have trouble filing for dh as I just cannot access the site.... I gave up and ask him to try it at his end.

Wonder if it is driven by too many people filing????

I e-filed around 1pm today. No problem. Maybe this is lunch hour so less pple using the system?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Harlequin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Filed liao. :boogie:

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Money Matters