Would you exchange your time to work for achieve your dreams

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

If you have a chance to choose how you live again, would you change?

Yes, I will go all out to change my life for the better.
100%
I am happy with my current status.
No votes
I will consider. Why?
No votes

Total votes : 2

Would you exchange your time to work for achieve your dreams

Postby bbforest » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone out there willing to do anything to provide your family to have a better lifestyle? like looking for extra income?

Does this thoughts came to you that, where we are not able to retire in the future since there are so many things that were going up and our pay is not. Will we survive with our current income? and by 10 yrs down the road, we will not be getting the pay we are getting today? Not to say our health could be down as we get older.
Last edited by bbforest on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbforest
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Would you exchange your time to work for achieve your dr

Postby raeness520 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:39 pm

You are not alone. I am also one of those who is struggling. :(

raeness520
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby dolphinsiah » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:04 pm

read the thread :
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... =47&t=9249

And you know all of us are worry about retirement. :yikes:

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Blissful_day » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:20 am

Inflation & cost of living is increasing so much faster than our rate of salary increment and saving interest rates... It is really stressful. On the surface, people look like they are doing fine, but deep inside them, people are stressed with their finances.

Middle class is the worst to begin with. For me, I have three families to support. My parents, my in-laws and my own family. With my current job and state of life, I don't really see a way out for me to gain financial independence (forget about financial freedom). With stress from work and our financial woes, it has taken a toll on our family health.

I tried investment in stocks and shares, but with the current economic environment, it is too stressful and high risk. Not worth it at all. Investments are for people with lots of spare cash and can afford to lose big. Not for us.

Working so hard for money which is never enough, and yet take away time spend with kids and family and even health... Sometimes, I really ask myself why am I still doing this...

But now, I decided to take charge of my life and I have found the vehicle to do it.
People normally change out of Vision or out of Crisis. One is Proactive and the later is Reactive. I changes out of Crisis. Now, moving out of my comfort zone. I am now on my road to regain back what I have lost and chase after my dreams.

Wish all of you can find that vehicle that allows you to reach your dreams.

Blissful_day
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby dolphinsiah » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:54 am

Agree with Blissful Day....Life is tough for Middle Class in Singapore

Not Rich enough to live luxury
Not Poor Enough to seek for welfare. :skeptical:

We are a generation where we are put to shoulder the responsible to look after our elderly and children.

And our Government emphasis that we must look after ourselves, do not be a burden to your children and the country....

That is why ...birth rates are declining...no matter what benefits are given out...

Sometimes I wonder bringing up the children, but not expecting any return from them is it worth...?

But we cannot turn back the clock....it is a duty of the parents to take care of the children to be good citizens to the country...

Talking about shares and stocks....
Singapore was one crazy during the 90s when the launched of Singtel shares.
I think almost everyone had a trading account....

Lucky I did not get burnt, because I felt like a small fish swimming in the Stock Market -When Tsunami comes -Big FISHES will be strong enough to SWIM away ...we the small fishes will be drowning. :imdrowning:

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bbforest » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:40 pm

I find that there are a lot of ppl out there trying to make ends meets. I used to took up part time jobs during the weekend, to earn the extra cash. But it took up a lot of my family time. I go ahead to work because I think is worth it, if I can give them a better life.

We all live in constraint or within our budget, but I dream that if I can aim higher. Why not? Life is full of constraint, when was the last time we dream big? We used to dream when we are young, but now we are control by our financial and spend within our means.

If I have the chance to make a decision to create a better life for myself and my family, I will do it. How about you?

bbforest
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jedamum » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:57 pm

bbforest wrote:If I have the chance to make a decision to create a better life for myself and my family, I will do it. How about you?

what is the definition of a better life?
some prefers to earn enough so that can spend quality life with family.
some needs to slog at the expense of family time so that family have a better life.
dual income families dual income either due to needs or wants.
single income families single income either due to needs or wants too.

if any one have the chance to make a decision to create a better life for themselves, will anyone say no? :?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Blissful_day » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:05 pm

jedamum wrote:
bbforest wrote:If I have the chance to make a decision to create a better life for myself and my family, I will do it. How about you?

what is the definition of a better life?
some prefers to earn enough so that can spend quality life with family.
some needs to slog at the expense of family time so that family have a better life.
dual income families dual income either due to needs or wants.
single income families single income either due to needs or wants too.

if any one have the chance to make a decision to create a better life for themselves, will anyone say no? :?

I will take up the opportunity that enables me to re-design my life to be even better for the sake of my families and myself. With the right mindset and also the right vehicle, I believe I can achieve it.

Blissful_day
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Money Matters