Buying STI through DBS ATM machine

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Buying STI through DBS ATM machine

Postby peanut_butter » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:03 am

I know this is a silly question. I have never buy shares and stocks before, since I simple couldn't understand the procedure to do that.

I managed to purchase some STI stocks at the ATM machine recently. And commit to pay on a monthly base..... but how do I know how much stock I have? The figure does not show up on the internet banking statement, unlike unit thrust.

peanut_butter
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Buying STI through DBS ATM machine

Postby hophlng » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:23 pm

peanut_butter wrote:I know this is a silly question. I have never buy shares and stocks before, since I simple couldn't understand the procedure to do that.

I managed to purchase some STI stocks at the ATM machine recently. And commit to pay on a monthly base..... but how do I know how much stock I have? The figure does not show up on the internet banking statement, unlike unit thrust.

You should have a CDP Account. You can always access your CDP Account to check how many stocks you have.

It is a regular monthly investment plan?

hophlng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Harlequin » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Maybe Peanut_butter is refering to STI ETF, which is not an individual stock but an exchange traded fund that tracks the performance of STI (Straits Times Index)... that's why it's not found in her CDP account.

Individual stock is not likely that can be bought with installment payment.

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peanut_butter » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Thanks everyone,
I just found the page under: http://www.posb.com.sg/personal/investm ... fault.page
for my answer. :smile:

peanut_butter
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Money Matters