Any good Investment recommendations?

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Any good Investment recommendations?

Postby lovemylife » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:59 pm

I am sure that many of us are looking for investment policy that can help us to fight inflation out there and saving money inside bank is definitely not the way out as the interest rates nowadays are pathetically low, I am preg with my second child now and got sack cos of this although my boss put it in a nice way but I know is cos of the pregnancy that why he sacked me, and I am really hoping to find better ways to earn money.. My husband is earning well, however, I don't really like feeling of spending his money, I will hope to be able to earn some side incomes that are just enough for me to spend on luxuries shopping hahahha... enw , not matter what who will say No to more money?

lovemylife
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Any good Investment recommendations?

Postby cindyleong » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:48 am

There is always risk in any investment so you must invest prudently especially when your 2nd child is coming.

cindyleong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Daddy D » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:35 am

I think u'll have a better chance of suing your employer for unfair dismissal... than investments... :siam:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LarryG67 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Yes, unfair dismissal may be quite valid and may be worth a try. i have heard of some cases of employees who managed to get some decent compensation. But like anything, there will be a risk of not getting any compensation if your employer has a truly valid reason (or is able to come up with one in his defence).

LarryG67
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby hophlng » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:54 pm

lovemylife wrote:I am sure that many of us are looking for investment policy that can help us to fight inflation out there and saving money inside bank is definitely not the way out as the interest rates nowadays are pathetically low, I am preg with my second child now and got sack cos of this although my boss put it in a nice way but I know is cos of the pregnancy that why he sacked me, and I am really hoping to find better ways to earn money.. My husband is earning well, however, I don't really like feeling of spending his money, I will hope to be able to earn some side incomes that are just enough for me to spend on luxuries shopping hahahha... enw , not matter what who will say No to more money?

I think now is not to look for investment, it is to lodge a complain against MOM for the unlawful dismissal.

hophlng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby worldir » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:30 pm

buy cash flow property... sure win

worldir
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Rac_B » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:23 pm

lovemylife wrote:I am sure that many of us are looking for investment policy that can help us to fight inflation out there and saving money inside bank is definitely not the way out as the interest rates nowadays are pathetically low, I am preg with my second child now and got sack cos of this although my boss put it in a nice way but I know is cos of the pregnancy that why he sacked me, and I am really hoping to find better ways to earn money.. My husband is earning well, however, I don't really like feeling of spending his money, I will hope to be able to earn some side incomes that are just enough for me to spend on luxuries shopping hahahha... enw , not matter what who will say No to more money?

I think it will be better to get some professionals to advise on this.

Rac_B
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby hophlng » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Rac_B wrote:

I think it will be better to get some professionals to advise on this.

As long as those professionals don't try to recommend crappy Investment Linked Product from Insurance Company

hophlng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby hophlng » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:02 pm

worldir wrote:buy cash flow property... sure win

Totally disagree with this statement, the only sure win investment is your CPF SA or OA, 4% and 2.5% guaranteed sure win.

Property is not sure win, the market now is a bubble, just waiting to see who will be the last to hold the baby. Many EP not getting renewed because of the government policy, do you think the bullish rental market will continue?

hophlng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Pager » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:25 pm

I agree that local properties aren't the best options right now. :moneyflies:
I am currently looking at overseas properties though. :cool:

But I'm kinda stuck on which country to invest. My take on the various countries:

Malaysia: Politically unstable - anyhow can suka suka change policies. LKY also said they can change with "a stroke of the pen" :xedfingers:
Thailand: Politically v.unstable
Philippines: Social unrest
London: Prices could have peaked
Australia: Restrictions on reselling - can only resell to Aussie locals or PRs
USA: No leveraging factor

However, i also came across this website http://investnzproperty.com
There's quite a fair bit of information on New Zealand Property Investment. According to the website, investors can get 8% rental yield + cash-flow. Might be worthwhile checking it out.

Pager
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Money Matters