Personal Data Revealed by HDB

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Personal Data Revealed by HDB

Postby kitty2 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:41 pm

My friend is wondering whether the HDB officers have the right to reveal the personal data of a certain household?She was trying to sell her mum's house as she had already passed away and she is the executor(SP?).Lately,one buyer was very keen but he went to check with the HDB about the details of that house.The buyer backed up as he found out that my friend is not the owner!The buyer said the officers revealed to them that the owner had passed away :scared:

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Personal Data Revealed by HDB

Postby sleepy » Tue May 20, 2014 6:47 pm

perhaps buyer thought seller's ic address different from that hdb he is buying so double check with hdb as a precaution? I'm just speculating

In any case, executor means your friend has the legal right to sign OTP
not a valid reason for buyer to back out due to 'not owner'

By the way, i think it's alright for your friend to inform buyer that she is the executor.
Is it suppose to be a secret?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 pm

sleepy wrote:perhaps buyer thought seller's ic address different from that hdb he is buying so double check with hdb as a precaution? I'm just speculating

By the way, i think it's alright for your friend to inform buyer that she is the executor.

The buyer checked with the HDB first before seeing her IC or signing . The buyer's concern was that someone passed away in that house before so backed up not because she was not the owner. Looks like she will have problem selling the house. Wonder HDB has the right to reveal the details?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue May 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Depends on how people see it or how you position it I guess.

If the previous owner lived to a ripe old age in that flat, with many gatherings and wonderful warm memories in that flat, had many filial offsprings who in turn gave him/her many grandchildren and he/she even have the good fortune to see quite a few great grandkids before passing on peacefully in his/her sleep, I think that house is a blessed house.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby kitty2 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:15 pm

Funz wrote:Depends on how people see it or how you position it I guess.

If the previous owner lived to a ripe old age in that flat, with many gatherings and wonderful warm memories in that flat, had many filial offsprings who in turn gave him/her many grandchildren and he/she even have the good fortune to see quite a few great grandkids before passing on peacefully in his/her sleep, I think that house is a blessed house.

:laugh: I hope she will have a buyer like you. Her mum passed away in her sleep though.

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:49 pm

It is a blessing to pass away in sleep.

Every house has its cycle. I once stayed in a house which, coincidentally, was on an up cycle and everyone who stayed there moved on to a better property.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:10 am

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:It is a blessing to pass away in sleep.

Every house has its cycle. I once stayed in a house which, coincidentally, was on an up cycle and everyone who stayed there moved on to a better property.

Yes! it was a great blessing that she passed away in her sleep without any sickness.Some people are into Feng Shui so death in a house may not be a good sign

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zbear » Wed May 21, 2014 8:13 am

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:It is a blessing to pass away in sleep.

OT. Not everyone has this blessing to pass away peacefully in sleep.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:14 am

i am the 4th owner of my present flat...the couple who bought the flat before us divorced after making down payment...this was revealed by the agent.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Wed May 21, 2014 8:16 am

kitty2 wrote:
sleepy wrote:perhaps buyer thought seller's ic address different from that hdb he is buying so double check with hdb as a precaution? I'm just speculating

The buyer checked with the HDB first before seeing her IC or signing . The buyer's concern was that someone passed away in that house before so backed up not because she was not the owner. Looks like she will have problem selling the house. Wonder HDB has the right to reveal the details?

No problem lah...juz a matter of price :duck:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Money Matters