Downgrade from EC to HDB

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Downgrade from EC to HDB

Postby coolbaby » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Heard the HDB price is going downward and I have been thinking of downgrade from EC to HDB, nearer to town, along Clementi... drover... commonwealth...redhill.

do you think it's a good idea to move now?

Any reliable good agent to recommend?

coolbaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:58 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Downgrade from EC to HDB

Postby mummy of 3 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:48 am

coolbaby wrote:Heard the HDB price is going downward and I have been thinking of downgrade from EC to HDB, nearer to town, along Clementi... drover... commonwealth...redhill.

do you think it's a good idea to move now?

Any reliable good agent to recommend?

If u dun mind, can try Clementi DBSS. But left 3rms flat only. No need Levy. Or can try buying Tanglin Halt (En Block) to get New Flat in 2020/2021. Levy for EC will be around $55K?

mummy of 3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:45 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Downgrade from EC to HDB

Postby Puzz...zzle » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:55 am

If I am not wrong, owners of EC or Private Condo must SELL their flat first, 30 months later then can APPLY new HDB or DBSS.

If you want to fins out more, I can PM you our agent.
We were also thought of downgrade to DBSS near centre.

Puzz...zzle
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:11 am
Total Likes: 2


Re: Downgrade from EC to HDB

Postby JJ1111 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:11 am

Puzz...zzle wrote:If I am not wrong, owners of EC or Private Condo must SELL their flat first, 30 months later then can APPLY new HDB or DBSS.

If you want to fins out more, I can PM you our agent.
We were also thought of downgrade to DBSS near centre.


Yap if want to buy NEW HDB or DBSS or EC has to wait for 30 months.

Resales flat don't have to wait.

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 pm
Total Likes: 8


Re: Downgrade from EC to HDB

Postby coolbaby » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:26 pm

i can't buy new flats anymore. i can only buy resale flat.

Puzz... zzle can pm me your agent contacts?
good reliable?

Tanglin halt en block news already came out, still buy the flat there?

thanks for sharing!

coolbaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:58 pm
Total Likes: 1



Re: Downgrade from EC to HDB

Postby hquek » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:34 pm

coolbaby wrote:Tanglin halt en block news already came out, still buy the flat there?

thanks for sharing!


Can. But likely the sellers will be looking for a nice profit - think $55K cash was mentioned in the papers.

In the past, sellers could ask for like 100K above and people will pay (so they can get a new flat in replacement). Saw from HDB website that the last date for resale application is 31 Aug 2015.

But not so sure about any resale levy. I know someone who sold his first hand hdb flat and bought a resale without paying back the subsidy. this resale later on underwent SERS and the owner had to forego some rebate/pay extra to get the new flat (depends on when the first flat was sold, rules have changed in the past years).

hquek
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 6535
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:07 am
Total Likes: 70


Re: Downgrade from EC to HDB

Postby coolbaby » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:56 pm

hquek wrote:
coolbaby wrote:Tanglin halt en block news already came out, still buy the flat there?

thanks for sharing!


Can. But likely the sellers will be looking for a nice profit - think $55K cash was mentioned in the papers.

In the past, sellers could ask for like 100K above and people will pay (so they can get a new flat in replacement). Saw from HDB website that the last date for resale application is 31 Aug 2015.

But not so sure about any resale levy. I know someone who sold his first hand hdb flat and bought a resale without paying back the subsidy. this resale later on underwent SERS and the owner had to forego some rebate/pay extra to get the new flat (depends on when the first flat was sold, rules have changed in the past years).


ya, the levy policy always changed.
I called HDB 2 days back and was told that for resale there's no levy.
As for the en block, then no point buying the en block if seller were to ask for high selling price.

coolbaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:58 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Downgrade from EC to HDB

Postby hquek » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:40 pm

coolbaby wrote:
ya, the levy policy always changed.
I called HDB 2 days back and was told that for resale there's no levy.
As for the en block, then no point buying the en block if seller were to ask for high selling price.


well, one pays for the assurance of a flat in a known area. Under BTO, one may not get a flat. When you go for resale, you won't be able to pick from a fresh batch. Eventually SERS flat owner will get a brand new flat.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 6535
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:07 am
Total Likes: 70


Re: Downgrade from EC to HDB

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:30 pm

coolbaby wrote:Heard the HDB price is going downward and I have been thinking of downgrade from EC to HDB, nearer to town, along Clementi... drover... commonwealth...redhill.

do you think it's a good idea to move now?

Any reliable good agent to recommend?


Clementi, 35 yr old 5 room...$700k...if you wanna move nearer town, eg Q'town, it's even dearer...sure you wanna swop? Donch think EC can fetch very good prices...most 15 yrs or so...estate condition not fantastic.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14653
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 148


Re: Downgrade from EC to HDB

Postby coolbaby » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:26 am

Nebbermind wrote:
coolbaby wrote:Heard the HDB price is going downward and I have been thinking of downgrade from EC to HDB, nearer to town, along Clementi... drover... commonwealth...redhill.

do you think it's a good idea to move now?

Any reliable good agent to recommend?


Clementi, 35 yr old 5 room...$700k...if you wanna move nearer town, eg Q'town, it's even dearer...sure you wanna swop? Donch think EC can fetch very good prices...most 15 yrs or so...estate condition not fantastic.

mine still ok.
I just need an expert agent to do the maths for me.
Any good recommendation?

coolbaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:58 pm
Total Likes: 1


Next

Return to Money Matters